DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hateeeeeeeee how they setup [email protected]#%kin intrepids..i was going down the damn highway and booom my engine went..so we replaced the damn battery and spent 75$ for a new one then put it in..still didnt work so we think its the alternator thats shot..it sounds like shittttttttttttt and were hoping its not the engine..so now i have no money whats sooo ever..and they make the bettery underneth every thing when it should take u mins to replace a damn battery but no u have to take the air filter out take the tire off and replace it.then what really got me pissed is they put that damn alternator underneth everything..WTF! im startin to really hate my intrepid and sell it:banghead:

·
Registered
298 Posts
i hateeeeeeeee how they setup [email protected]#%kin intrepids..i was going down the damn highway and booom my engine went..so we replaced the damn battery and spent 75$ for a new one then put it in..still didnt work so we think its the alternator thats shot..it sounds like shittttttttttttt and were hoping its not the engine..so now i have no money whats sooo ever..and they make the bettery underneth every thing when it should take u mins to replace a damn battery but no u have to take the air filter out take the tire off and replace it.then what really got me pissed is they put that damn alternator underneth everything..WTF! im startin to really hate my intrepid and sell it:banghead:
That sucks dude, but trying to read this post made my eyes cross. How about a spell check there dude?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thermostat aint no fun either

·
Registered
298 Posts
There isnt one on this forum. Does windows have a built in spell check these days?

·
Registered
739 Posts
I thought the alternator was up top, in a fairly accessible place? :unsure

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought the alternator was up top, in a fairly accessible place? :unsure
no in mine this underneth the belt..its a ***** to get to..and now we found out its not the alternator..something with the engine, but we dont know whats the problem..it runs but you can hear somthing messed up and its coming from the left injectors around that area

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I understood what you were saying. Your engine just shut down? Just like that?

ya i was on Route 2..and you know i had my music loud, and i was racing my friend and were neck to neck he takes off then i..and i noticed i wasnt going anywhere and i just rolled to the side of the highway

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
So what exactly is it doing/not doing?

Does it turn over at all? Do you have lights? If not then you have no voltage meaning your new battery is bad or a bad connection

If it starts but wont charge battery it's the alt

No matter what it's time to break out (or buy) a multimeter and start testing for power

·
Banned
1,225 Posts
this is why i hate dodges all of them are pain in the asses to work on but sorry for your mis fortune

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
ya i was on Route 2..and you know i had my music loud, and i was racing my friend and were neck to neck he takes off then i..and i noticed i wasnt going anywhere and i just rolled to the side of the highway
Hmmm, maybe we can take a look at it sometime this week. And racing on 2....haha. Mentor's finest might frown upon that one... :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
He say's (this is why i hate dodges all of them are pain in the asses to work on.)

You have not work on a cutlass supreme yet(90 up) to say something like this.This is why I sold them all and whent to intrepid (a lot easier to work on).

·
Banned
1,225 Posts
He say's (this is why i hate dodges all of them are pain in the asses to work on.)

You have not work on a cutlass supreme yet(90 up) to say something like this.This is why I sold them all and whent to intrepid (a lot easier to work on).

ive never owned or worked on a cuttlass so mayeb you got me there but of all the cars ive owned or worked on dodges always take the cake

1 - 20 of 21 Posts