DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Well in all fairness that’s one of the only ways of ending up going backwards going fast enough to do damage like this. Speaking of the speed, how fast were you going when that happened? And although it doesn’t look like it, was anyone injured?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont relle remember how fast i was going due to the concussion i got from the dam steering wheel or side window cuz there were no airbags. I also seperated my shoulder and tore a ligament in it. My friend in the passenger seat only suffered minor whiplash.

·
Registered
101 Posts
skateit12 said:
i dont relle remember how fast i was going due to the concussion i got from the dam steering wheel or side window cuz there were no airbags. I also seperated my shoulder and tore a ligament in it. My friend in the passenger seat only suffered minor whiplash.
No airbag? o_O

·
Registered
891 Posts
The car does have duel front airbags, but actually the car preformed exactly as it should. Due to what appears to be very light damage to the front the airbag didn’t deploy because all it would’ve done is punch you in the face, since you weren’t moving toward it. From the angle of the hit, you hit your head on the B pillar (the support between the front and back doors), and the only thing that could’ve helped you with that would be side curtain airbags which weren’t available until I think 2003 in the 300m. (I could be wrong about when and what they were available in, but they weren’t available until partway through the run of 2nd generation LH’s.)
Sorry to hear about your injuries though, but at least they weren’t any worse, since it looks like you left the road going highway speed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
another reason my airbags didnt help was because the airbag light was on since i bought the car and probably should have fixed it before i went off roading.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Although it’s moot now, it was probably something like your clock-spring. Also if you had an aftermarket alarm or remote starter, that sometimes triggers the airbag light (don’t ask me why). It’s lucky you didn’t go head on into the trees since the front seatbelts were made to work with the airbags; so if they didn’t deploy in a severe frontal impact you might have hit your head on the wheel. As it is, I don’t’ think the airbags would have done much good since the largest impacts were from the left-rear.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Sorry for your baby man!, Just glad your still alive, and well enough to catch another TREP fever pal!< ;) TAKE CARE!, ;)

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
opps.

In that case. Stay away from them. They do have a tendacy to pull you in. Hell even some Of those lines painted on the road I have noticed will make a car pull to teh left or right.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i dont think im gettin another trep no, i had nuthin but problems with it almost glad the tree finished it off before i did

·
Registered
519 Posts
skateit12 said:
i dont think im gettin another trep no, i had nuthin but problems with it almost glad the tree finished it off before i did
I'm guessing you had the 3.3L motor then? I had mine for over a year, and not a single problem. You can kill a 3.3L. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the motor in you car still started up, mine sure as hell did. :icon_twis

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ya i did have the 3.3 and no my enginge would not start after she was toast. Im not dissing the intrepid either i knew it wud be a failure because i bought the car for 750$ lol so I cant complain, but I ould like to try out others cars and who knows maybe a trep will cross my path one day and maybe not.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts