DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
14 hour shift at work, somewhere between 9am and 11pm my car was stolen.

I can't express how much this sucks, I loved that car. I just finished putting a $1000 soundsystem in (which a lot of people will say isn't much of anything, and they're right, but it was MY system and I worked all summer to be able to afford it)

I have the faceplate for the stereo, and the trunk was locked so the thieves (if they DO get into the trunk) will be bitterly dissapointed. of course, this is precious little consolation.

I know you guys can't do anything for me, but words of support and a rally to the cause of capitol punishment for auto-theft would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
shitty man.......... many americans don't know that we do have crime AND DON"T LIVE IN IGLOOS !!!! J/k lol

·
Registered
115 Posts
:mad: Gawd it makes me hate the world sometimes. I remember when on Valentine's Day this year when i was walking to my old Dodge Spirit to discover that the lock had been tampered with.

When I got in, I discovered that my stereo was stolen and my steering column was ripped open and the ignition was out. I could not believe it! For some reason the idiot thieves could not get the car running to steal it. Now I was stupid to leave the faceplate in, I'll admit, but it really pisses me off how much some people have so little regard for others property. I have absolutely no tolerance for criminals.

I really feel for ya, Weretiger, hopefully you'll get her back in decent shape.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Words wouldn't be able to describe how pissed I'd be, I hope you get it back along with your system and everything still in tact.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Me and weretiger also go to a local forum here, by far not anywhere as good for intrepids as this site is, as the other one is just car related for our general area, so I heard about it there first since asking the locals to keep their eyes peeled works best, but **** man, again, sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully it's some amateur going for a joy ride.. but a very light footed one..? :)

Good luck regaining your loss.

·
Registered
157 Posts
That really sux man. The feeling of being ripped off is a real sting. I wish you luck and hope all things turn out best for you .

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Sorry to hear that weretiger. :mad: :mad: WHY do people have to steal and break things!!! :mad:

Well, the (semi) good news is that most stolen cars are recovered, so you will most likely get her back. Insurance will cover any damage. I know this is little consolation, sorry. Again.. sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Oh, just think of it this way weretiger.. if something's wrong with your tranny.. well.. there wasn't... wink wink.. They drove it hard and damaged it.. so your 300..? 800? deductible.. is worth it to have it REPLACED... so hopefully they find it.. and you have it working better than before.. hopefully it's not damaged like.. frame wise etc.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
MeanGreen said:
Well, the (semi) good news is that most stolen cars are recovered, so you will most likely get her back. Insurance will cover any damage. I know this is little consolation, sorry. Again.. sorry for your loss.
I hope you do have insurance but not everyone has insurance especially on an old car...

You want to here some bullshit my Probe GT was broken into twice... second time around they caught a guy for it so I get a call from the district attorney and he asks me if insurance covered it because he wants to make the guy pay restitution if it didn't... so I am like yeah insurance covered it but why does that matter. The insurance company had to pay so why don't you make this a**hole pay the insurance company.. to which he replied the judge hearing the case only makes them pay if it's not covered by the insurance company... that is like the stupidest f*ckign thing I have ever heard. Insurance pays rates go up and I pay more what an a**hole judge!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did you have alarm?

I have alarm (controled by remote) and separate immobiliser (controled by special plug).

Additionaly I have another immobiliser, that is hard to find and operate, and it allows to start the engine, but cuts off fuel after about 10 seconds (if not deactivated). So even if keys (together with remote and plug) are stole, car is still unuseable.

In Poland there are so many cars stolen every day :(

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Hey adamN, could you pm me what kind of alternate things you've done to disable your vehicle? I'd be intersted to find out.

Don't worry.. im in canada.. can't exactly steal a car there and ship it here easily :p

1 - 20 of 31 Posts