DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, and thanks. Picked her up for 3850, wife, step son and daughter on the way, had to sell the 79 Bronco and get a more practical car. I LOVE this car.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Welcome to the site nice looking LHS.
i lived in Las Cruces for ah year back in the late 80s and remember riding around your neck of the woods.

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,544 Posts
Welcome to the site!!

·
That rhythm is INFECTIOUS.
18,595 Posts
Ditto here - welcome! Very sharp ride. I can't remember - did the LHS even have a 2.7 as an option? Or are they all 3.2/3.5's?

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new LHS. I used to have a '99 LHS - nice car.

Something to mention is that you should not neglect the 100,000 mile maintenance requirements. Unless you know it's already been done, you are going to need the timing belt, water pump, etc. maintenance soon. A search will take you to a number of threads on the topic. Bottom line is that if the timing belt breaks, the engine could destroy itself because it is an interference engine. If you have more questions, someone else could explain it better than I. Certainly not trying to bring you down, just want you to be able to drive it for another 100k.

Enjoy the new LHS!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome and congrats on the new LHS. I used to have a '99 LHS - nice car.

Something to mention is that you should not neglect the 100,000 mile maintenance requirements. Unless you know it's already been done, you are going to need the timing belt, water pump, etc. maintenance soon. A search will take you to a number of threads on the topic. Bottom line is that if the timing belt breaks, the engine could destroy itself because it is an interference engine. If you have more questions, someone else could explain it better than I. Certainly not trying to bring you down, just want you to be able to drive it for another 100k.

Enjoy the new LHS!
Ive heard this, any idea how much Im looking to pay to have this done? ballpark. Ive heard its around 104,000 miles, but whats the difference.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Some of the other guys might be able to offer some better thoughts. I've seen a variety of prices mentioned on this site. I had mine done last year (at about 85,000 miles) because my water pump failed. Since it is a '99, and the water pump went, it was time to do it all even though it was well under 100,000 miles.

You will want to make sure you get the "whole" job done at the same time for cost efficiencies. That means you should look at replacing the following: timing belt and tensioners with pulley; water pump; drive belts (serpentine/AC); and radiator hoses. Assuming you are going to have the work done by someone, it should be somewhere between $600 and $1,200 (at a dealer?), When I had mine done, it was around $800.

Depending on where you live, one of the experts from this site might be nearby and could do it for you cheaper. Good luck!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Nice looking car, good find. :usa1:

That body looks best in white and black IMO, those colors seem to show it off the best.

I think they have more interior room than the new Taurus, and are close on trunk space. All that in something that's not 60" tall.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice looking car, good find. :usa1:

That body looks best in white and black IMO, those colors seem to show it off the best.

I think they have more interior room than the new Taurus, and are close on trunk space. All that in something that's not 60" tall.
Hmm until you posted this I really never noticed how low the cars are lol. Maybe because its so long I dont think on how low the roof line is. Plenty of room on the inside though, and a very comfortable ride. Im still wanting a Lexus Ls400 however.

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Looks real nice and clean man. IMO white looks good with an LHS. You'll love the car, theyre actually quite sporty. They like curvy roads and since you have the HO, straight lines wont be too bad either. Welcome to the site/club!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks real nice and clean man. IMO white looks good with an LHS. You'll love the car, theyre actually quite sporty. They like curvy roads and since you have the HO, straight lines wont be too bad either. Welcome to the site/club!
Thanks, I mainly bought it for the family, and I am a big guy, who is tired of wedging my big behind into small cars, like my wife's 04 neon, I hate that thing lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts