DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, yesterday afternoon I went to my local dealer to get a "forgotten" gasket for Frank's Concorde, and while waiting to turn left into the dealer, I was hit by a 94 Acura.
No injuries to either of us, but a bit of damage to the cars.
The 300:

There is little visible damage, but there is some.
The exhaust has been pushed ahead about 1 1/2", so there is a bend in the main pipe just ahead of the fuel tank; the rebar has a bend, and the spare tire well has been pushed in about 1".
There is also a small tear in the underside of the bumper cover, as well asthe paint damage.
Over all, when I saw in the mirror he was going to hit me, I expected a whole lot worse, especially when I got out to inspect the car, and, of course, the first thing I saw was his car:

Since he hit the brakes just before hitting me, he nose-dived and my rebar took the brunt.
All-in-all, the 300 faired rather well, though today I have to get under and see if there is any other damage; keeping fingers crossed.
Worked out a "cash settlement" with him, as he didn't want cops or insurance involved (I however wanted cops, so there took the report).
We'll see what the total damages estimate will be, but I got a $500 deposit for a start.
(If he doesn't pay up, I'll have to get Adi to have the "family" put a bit of pressure on him).

·
Registered
92 Posts
I find that rather funny... American car holds up, import car falls in on it self.... Rather funny IMO
LMAO! But in all seriousness I'm glad you're alright and no one was hurt! This is similiar to what happened to me this past winter

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Good luck finding parts, some guy in Toronto has them all bought up.

Glad no one was hurt, hope he gave you a good set of numbers!

·
Registered
689 Posts
I would not be too surprised to find the rear frame rails pushed in or bent down-happened to mine X2.
Tom
Yes sir those Jap cars are truely throw aways:wow:

·
Registered
786 Posts
Sorry to hear Ross. Glad the damage wasnt too much... An almost identical accident happened to my Trep (back when it was my dad's) like 6 years ago. Only the car that hit the Trep was an Accord and was taken away on a flatbed. The Trep was driven away

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Ross, if you were at Carlisle, that wouldn't have happened.
Glad to see you and the M are ok...
The Integra, not so much!!

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WOW that sucks Ross. Hope you don't want your ( my ) bumper cover back?
No, we're all good, I have the one from Scott here if I need it.

The total for the parts works out to almost $4000 Cdn with labour and paint, then there is the tax on top of that.
We'll see what a fair price for him is - I was figuring I could use a hoist in the garage.....................................

Then there is the trauma I have from the ****-kicking I got from the wife about "her" car being hit....................(the miserable sot didn't care about me, just the "baby")

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm truly sorry to hear about your M. Bummer. I know how much pride you take in your car I've been lucky with mine so far - since I got her in 1999. She must be blessed. So many have been hit or totalled....

Lyndee

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,874 Posts
Ross, if you were at Carlisle, that wouldn't have happened.
Glad to see you and the M are ok... (I second that notion)
The Integra, not so much!! (#$^%@!*+=> Ricer!!)
Wow!! Sorry to hear this. I hope you're going to be ok.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Stupid imports, never looking ahead always up their ass. Glad you made it allright, just one more import off the streets.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,838 Posts
Ouch!! Glad you are ok Ross, and the M is easily fixable. Thought different when I saw the thread.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts