Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Starting a new show......Pimp My Durango! heh

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Power Inverter comes stock on the Citadel. 115 AC power outlet in the 2nd row seats. On/Off switch on the dash.

This will come in handy when selling PCs on Craigs List. Can power them from the vehicle to prove they work.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
New OEM Mopar Carpet Floor Mats arrived today. Look pretty spiffy!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Some more spiffy stuff came in today for Durango III.

A 3D Maxpider Kagu Cargo Liner. Wasn't cheap but neither is the dealer and this is better than those molded rubber mats.

And the official FSM on disc from Mopar Tech Authority that was $70 cheaper than anything on Ebay! Along with a couple of Dodge logo cup holder coasters for $8.99.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Verified the AWD switches between Normal & Low range today. No issues. Heard horror stories about the Solenoid not switching if it's not exercised regularly. Forgot to do it on the Test Drive.

Never had a 4WD or AWD vehicle before. A new experience for me.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Trying to get the windshield replaced and scheduled with the dealer I bought it from. There's a crack that goes almost all the way across the windshield about 2 inches from the top. It's noted in the Sales paperwork they would replace it. Normally I wouldn't worry too much about it but it has the "Rain Sensing" option and needs to be Calibrated after windshield replacement. Would've shoved it off on my own Insurance except for the expense.

We'll see.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Windshield replacement scheduled for next Tuesday at the Dealer. They'll give me a loaner and I can pick it up the next day after it's replaced and Calibrated. w00t!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice ride, the Hemi will suprize you on the road, mileage is not bad at all, but around town,, it hurts, one of the reasons I got rid of mine

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thank you Tom. I get almost 23 mpg on the highway at 70 mph. It's AWD...no sure if it's Part time or Full time AWD. My other Durango....the 2008 with the 5.7L squeaks out 20 mpg under the same conditions. It has MDS also.

The power is what drew me to the 5.7L. Moves this 2.5 + ton SUV effortlessly and it has the older 6 speed transmission vs the 2014+ ZF 8 speed.

My 2nd gen 2004 SLT has the 4.7L and it doesn't have the ballz the 5.7L has. Although that 1st year 2nd gen only puts out 230 HP and is a carryover from the 1st gens. In 2005 they upped the power at least 70 HP. The 4.7L did consistently show 23 MPG @ 70 MPH or more on the EVIC. With 200K miles and a 5 speed transmission!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Ordered new Mopar Splash Guards...aka Mud Flaps for Durango III today. Will work well with the TAC Running Boards. Also ordered a 5.7L Hemi Badge that's on my 2008 Limited.

The Citadel has "Durango", "Citadel" and "AWD" badges on the back hatch but nothing indicating the engine size.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Seems like many people like to "De-Badge" their vehicles but I'm going in the other direction! heh

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
New Tag and Title for Durango III today. Another $120 spent. Got the Arkansas State Parks Deluxe Tag.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Notified OEM Mopar Splash Guards I ordered are on the way. Front/Rear.

Along with a "Hemi 5.7L" badge that came on 2nd gen Durangos. The Citadel doesn't have anything denoting engine size.

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
Looks good Ron - waiting to see it next month.

You might want to take off the dealer sticker and dealer tag frame. Replace the tag frame with another plain (or Dodge) chrome one.

I have the 100,000 mile club frame if you want it for D-III

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thanks. I've ordered a couple of slim polished stainless license frames. I'll be peeling the dealer sticker off later today.

Right after installing the Nerf Bars on Durango II.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Cleaned up the Azz on Durango III. Removed the Dealer Decal on the Lift Gate and Added a "Hemi" Badge that I had laying around. Mo Bettah!!

Before:

After:

What do you think?

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Hemi Font/Style doesn't match the rest of the lettering but at least it's chrome matching.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Need to clean up the Proximity Sensors in the rear bumper. Looks like crap with white paint. Can't believe the Dealer didn't take car of that before sale.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Durango III dropped off at the Dealer for Windshield replacement. They gave me a Grand Cherokee as a loaner.

Must be one of the lower trim levels of Grand Cherokee. Cloth Seats, V6, No Nav, 17" Wheels etc. Got 28 mpg @70 mph on the way home from the dealer. Not bad.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Doing a little research shows a year or two newer Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with less miles and a V6 would've been around $4k more than Durango III. Not as well equipped and no 3rd row seating in the JGC. 3rd row seating wasn't high on my list of things to have but nearly all 3rd gen Durangos have them. That 28 mpg highway mileage with the V6 did get my attention. Acceleration is pretty good in the JGC. Might be a little more sluggish in a Durango as I think the Durango weighs more.

Enough of the Buyers Remorse! LOL! I'm good.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts