DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Woober Goobers!
49,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Splash Guards came in. Perusing the instructions and they call for drilling two holes each for the fronts and 3 for the rears! I'm not keen on that. Two other attachment points each are the removal of the splash shield push pin fasteners and replacing with captive clips and bolts. I'll try using just them on the fronts and see if it's going to be a sturdy enough mounting. If not....then break out the drill!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
Just ordered this gnarly item for the Citadel:

AFE Power Magnum FORCE Stage-2 Cold Air Intake System w/Pro 5R Filter CAI.

Supposedly:
+56% Flow Increase
+19 HP Increase
+20 Lbs x Ft Torque Gain.

We'll see. Should have it in time for the meet.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Damn AFE is fast on orders. Placed the order for the intake at 5:15 PM CST (3:15 PM PST) and got a notice from them that FedEx has picked up the order at 6:22 PM CST (4:22 PM PST). w00t. Scheduled Delivery on 8/20/19 so I'll have it for install at the meet!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Just got done with the latest Mod/Upgrade....can you spot it? heh

Before:

After:

·
Woober Goobers!
49,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Can't wait to run it on the highway and see if there's any kind of mpg improvement. I'll know Friday!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Most likely a decrease in mpg due to putting my foot into to experience "Mo Powah"!! Or noise!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Installed in 30 minutes total taking my time. Cleaning a few things along the way. Fits just like OEM as far as the "Air Box" part. Even uses the OEM rubber grommets and mount points.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,433 Posts
Installed in 30 minutes total taking my time. Cleaning a few things along the way. Fits just like OEM as far as the "Air Box" part. Even uses the OEM rubber grommets and mount points.
AFE is pretty solid. I've had them on a couple trucks. All were bolt in, easy; and the biggest thing, they didnt just become big engine bay heat collectors.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
Afe isn't cheap but from what I've seen with this kit they're quality. Got a good discount. Normally $395...got it for $300.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Running around doing errands today in the Durango and pleased with the AFE Intake. Lots more Intake sound/moan/growl without that huge stock resonator box in there. I like it!

Will find out about Highway MPG tomorrow on the Road Trip to Dan's SummerFest 2019 meet!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Bought a new NAPA The Legend Premium AGM Battery BCI No. 94R 800 A Glass Mat.

Almost 7 years and the original battery was getting tired! Wanted to head off any potential issues.

$180 with discounts. Not cheap but it's AGM.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Grrrr! Moving the passenger power seat forward all the way only exposes 1/2 of the battery access opening at the most! Will regroup tomorrow with 10mm/13mm sockets and extensions to pull that Beeotch out and replace it!

On a side note found the little tag in the seat back that indicates the seats have airbags. Just like the LH cars equipped where the Side Airbag is contained in the seat back. Unlike the Magnum that had Side Air Curtains.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Finally found a pair of Front In-Channel WeatherTech Window Vent visors that were in stock and ready to ship. You can find the Tape Stick On ones everywhere but I wanted the In-Channel version. I didn't see a need for the rear ones as the shape of the rear windows with the angled trailing surface makes them useless. WeatherTech makes a Dark and Light tint version of these. Went with the dark tint PN 80696. $74.95 from etrailer.com. Easy Peasy install as with all WeatherTech In-Channel Visors!

German Engineering!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Bought a Ball Mount kit for Durango III for possible future towing.

etrailer.com Ball Mount Kit for 2" Hitches - 3/4" Rise or 2" Drop - 7,500 lbs

Both balls and a spiffy storage pouch!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
41 - 59 of 59 Posts