DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thats right I went and did it, and BTW u R/T owners, YES! we do have dual exhaust coming off the engine, into a resonator that comes out to a single pipe meaning! u can go straight back if u want, but i chose not to do that. heres what I did get

flowmaster 80 with 2 2.5" chrome pipes coming from that single pipe from the resonator back.

Sounds awesome! (yes u get to hear it,and it's gonna take some getting used too.)
you can hear it here.

and some pix
back view

side view

[ September 12, 2001: Message edited by: Thrasher ]

·
Registered
242 Posts
You are the man!

It sounds great too! How much did it run you to do it? Did you do it yourself, or had it done at a shop? Do you think it's feasible to have two exhausts on each side?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
as much as I want an R/T. and as cool as that dual exhaust looks... I don't know if I could bring myself to buy a car with black rims. just doesn't sit right on me. I am a brushed alloy fan.

·
Registered
49 Posts
KEWWWLL!! :D Seen any significant performance improvements? Is the growl objectionable on the inside while driving? Have you looked into notching out the right side bumber at the body shop and is it possible to match the left?

Thanks for your post and sharing the info.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had it done, and from the sounds of things, a bit on the expensive side, it was 389 total, oh well, money easy come easy go, they were ready to rip it all out and give me true dual, but it probably would have been loud, so i opted against it.

but for the record, yes true dual can be done, and from the sounds of it, quite easily. i just chose not to go all he way, I wimped out. it's loud now!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I thought it would be more expensive than 380 something. That's great. I also am thinking about the true dual, and also am concerned about the growl control.... I can't make up my mind yet. I'm also concerned about how much more gas the engine will use up with the dual (true dual). I'm chicken, what can I say!

Lafrad
FYI - only the motorsport edition has the black rims

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
heres another pic

[ September 12, 2001: Message edited by: Thrasher ]

·
Registered
44 Posts
Excellent! Love the look.Isn't that sound just too sweet? The guy who did the work for me said something about the fuel lines may prevent you from doing duals all the way back.

I didn't want to do that either but he seemed to think that it would be difficult to do anyway.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
can anybody post what a stock 3.5 sounds like so us 1st genners can hear the difference? i like the sound but i'd like to comare it to the original.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Thrasher great looking exhaust. The rear tips look like mine but mine are straight. I did remove the front muffler and used a dynomax muffler. It sounds alot like a small block V8 . It cost me about 330.00 dollars. SS Performance in Crystal did it for me they do very good work.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
the underbody of that car is so clean. must be nice gettin new cars as opposed to used

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
i forgot to mention how shiny that undercarriage is.

i also forgot to ask if you've stomped it enough to feel any performance difference (sound decibels don't count). have you?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
wow, that is pretty sweet. I really like it. you have done a nice job, love the tips as well.

·
980 Posts
Hey Thrasher that is way too cool!Nice sound clip also/ kinda sounded like a ferrari.You can't sneak up on anyone anymore.Like the tips wonder if you can get them with black finish?

·
Registered
83 Posts
that is hot. i'll leave it at that

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I dunno if u can get em in black of not...
I guess u can paint em if u relly wanted too.

I dunno if it's too loud for me or not, as strange as that sounds. it's not too horrible on the inside unless i am accelerating hard, at cruising speed it's a nice purr.

my wife hates it :)

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
To correct a previous post.... You only get black rims with an R/T if you have the Motorsports package. I dont even think you can get a Motorsports package in a 2002. Correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
place here in St. pete called Rainbow Muffler, apparently they are THE place to bring cars too here in town for muffler work and such, it sounds DAMN good....TOO DAMN GOOD! they are gonna add a resonator to help tone it down a bit, the interior noise a bit more than what i wanted.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts