DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, for those of you that asked for them last year, sorry it took so long to put them up...
To everyone else, enjoy.

Last May I traded my Black 2000 R/T in for a 2009 Pontiac G8 GT. It has everything that I wanted my dream car to have:
American - Check...well, close enough. Turns out Holden knows how to build a car...
Sedan - Check
Leather - Check
Roomy - Double Check... the rear seat leg/head room in this thing is incredible.
RWD - Check... no flaming on this, alright. I appreciated the FWD of the 'Trep, I just like RWD better.
V8 - Triple Check... holy crap! This car has power in spades. Yeah, there are plenty of cars out there that are faster, but for the money and fuel economy, not many can compete.
Economy/Efficiency - Check... I get comparable mileage to my former R/T. If I drive with a light foot I can avg 18-22 city and 27-30 hwy. Not bad... Eats premium, though, that's my choice.

So far I've only done an OTR CAI, Axle-back Exhaust, and a tune. All that was good for about 385HP/410TQ (vs. 361/385) at the crank.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Awesome ride! I love the G8, it's such a handsome vehicle, like a 5 series if it weren't ugly and had better proportions.

I want to get my hands on one someday, a GXP is possible.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! Yeah, it's been mistaken for a BMW once. And good luck finding a GXP. They only made 1800-1900 of them. No new G8s left and the used (low mileage) ones are still up there. I could sell my car for about what I paid for it thus giving me a free year and 18,000 miles on it. The production #s on these cars are low. Only made 39,000 between 08-09. Mine is 1 of 2420 White G8GTs made for 09. Wish I knew how many had the sport package and 2 tone Onyx/Red Interior... Prolly 500 or so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts