DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thanks to i beata firebird ina es for helping for the last 5 hours. and here are the results.

the increase in performance is vary noticeable, i havent driven enough to notice any increase in MPG. and thank you autozone for over chargeing me for the low quiltey plastic parts.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
So.....you have time to install a shiny new CAI but not enough to wipe off the numbers on your valve covers? :D

CAI's are not going to make your car suddenly grow a Hemi....and I think yours is a little too long. What good is sucking up all that air if it has to travel a further distance?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
hey man i built that intake, its long for power j/k but for real i also tried to get those numbers off his plumen and there like welded on lol.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,149 Posts
Yep....dollars gone bad.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I beata firebird ina ES said:
hey man i built that intake, its long for power j/k but for real i also tried to get those numbers off his plumen and there like welded on lol.
wtf is a plumen????

plenum, maybe?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Those numbers on the plenum are a real ***** to get off I just ended up painting mine to match the car.Took a few extra coats too as the **** bled right threw and you could still see it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Um, junkyards just use a paint pen to write numbers on... Aircraft paint remover, and you should be set...

·
Registered
407 Posts
IceDragon38 said:
and I think yours is a little too long. What good is sucking up all that air if it has to travel a further distance?
don't speak of stuff you don't know about.

the lengths & diameters change the resonance tuning wave to create a somewhat supercharge effect (no actual boost) but kinda like a helper, like assisting more air into the engine

actully, hold up, i know something you can read that'll explain it better then me...lemme find it....

go here; http://aempower.com/V2.htm & click on "Air Resonance"

that should cover it with visuals to boot!!!

-greg

·
Registered
532 Posts
I like the pipe. Looks cool.
Is that the typical location for the battery on the 3.5?

In such small amounts it's probably meaningless but could the gases that vent from the battery overtime damage anything if they get pulled into the intake?

And do you plan to partition the intake from the engine room to keep the hot engine air separate?

-GB49

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GB49 said:
I like the pipe. Looks cool.
Is that the typical location for the battery on the 3.5?

In such small amounts it's probably meaningless but could the gases that vent from the battery overtime damage anything if they get pulled into the intake?

And do you plan to partition the intake from the engine room to keep the hot engine air separate?

-GB49
Yeah im gonna put some sort of shield over the battery and on the engine side of the intake. When we were installing the filter to the last piece the screening on the filter actually touched the battery terminals and it sparked and smoked and ****.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOUD98ES said:
Where's your PCV plugged into?
you mean the actual pcv valve? if you look at the second picture on the drivers side a the top of the plenum right above the white junkyard lettering.....that black hose with the black clamp on it connects right to the pcv.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts