DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a 2001 concorde lxi last week. salvage title from a wreck in 08. wrecked it 2 days later. i started with a lhs front end and headlights. now doing all new shocks and hubs. next month hoping for new drilled/sloted rotors. here are the before and after pics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,456 Posts
...hope to do white gauges soon
That would be the time to decide to go with autostick or not so you only have to get one set of gages. Not saying you should convert, but if you don't want to, then you go with LHS or later Concorde white gages (Concorde Limited IIRC - other later Concordes came with black/chrome ring gages - which are also very cool) - none of those are autostick. If you want to go autostick, then go with 300M gages - they look the same as LHS gages, only they are all autostick.

·
Premium Member
16,456 Posts
It's a mode that allows you to manually shift. It requires a different shifter (easy and cheap junk yard item) and some minor wiring (4 wires). The autostick shifter looks mostly like a regular shifter, and the car works just like it does with the regular shifter, except when you put the shifter in the position just rearward of the 'D' position. When it's in that position (autostick), it allows you to push the shifter slightly to the right to upshift one gear at a time, and slightly to the left to downshift one gear at a time. You can move in and out of autostick on the fly. All 300M's and some Intrepids came with it. No LHS's or Concordes came with it but can be converted by putting in an A/S cluster and shifter and the 4 wires.

·
Premium Member
16,456 Posts
Either should work fine. I'm fairly sure your Concorde has ABS like my '99 LX and '98 LXi. You should have no problems with idiot lights (I've got a 300M cluster in my '99).

Here's what I consider to be close to the definitive information on it - post no. 2: http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/showthread.php?p=1966080#post1966080

Since there were no Concordes with A/S, and the shifter bezels among the different badges (300M, LHS, Concorde, Intrepid) are not interchangeable, you will have to fashion some slots in the bezel to allow the sifter to be tipped left and right. Or you can add separate momentary switches to mount somewhere of your choice to do the A/S shifting. They would momentarily ground the up- and down-shift wires.

·
Premium Member
16,456 Posts
Not my area of expertise (but my guess is you may lose power at either high or low end - I forget which - because the right amount of backpressure actually helps with power - due to valve overlap IIRC). But there are others who can give you all the who-shot-John's on the subject.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok. and im trying to find a free repair manual for the car that i can print out. i know they are out there i found one for my land rover. but google isnt really helping

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i just sent an email to joekd last night about one of his intake kits. hoping he will be able to make me one. and getting ready to do a custom tru dual exhaust on the car

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
also i am looking at a remote turbo kit. do a custom build myself as there is tons of room in the tunnel for one any ideas on it?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts