DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

221 - 240 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
14,855 Posts
I've only changed the 3.5" speakers in the dash on the Charger and that made a huge difference. Granted I sealed them off as best as I could.

You should be very pleased with this upgrade.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
Kicking It! At least on the front doors. A nice little improvement in sound. Not earth shattering but it will be once I get my 12" thub in!

Taking the door panels off was easy peasy! Remove 3 phillips screws and lift the panel off the hooks. Door speakers sit in their own cylindrical housings. Sealed up nicely. The speaker adapter plates fit perfectly. Metra wire harnesses were plug in....no cutting splicing.

Old

New

Original speaker on the left. Kicker on the right. Non-Infinity, Non-Amplified audio system. Probably just above a Base Intrepid SE for quality on the originals.

Kicker on the top. OEM original on the bottom.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
Might look into putting in a set of component speakers. I believe I have a set laying around new. Use Components in the Front doors and the Kickers in the Rear doors.

Need to dig out my Amp wiring kit, PAC LOC and 12" Infinity Thub for Phase 2.1 of the Audio Upgrade.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
Was going to replace the Fog Lights and Front Air Dam but ran into a snag on part of that. I thought I could get access to the Fog Light mounts from behind the bumper and pull them out the front. No Go. The bumper fascia opening is smaller than the fog light. FSM says the fascia needs to be removed and I was hoping to avoid that. Looks like I might be able to replace the air dam without removing the fascia but might as well wait and do both the fog lights and air dam at one time when I remove the bumper fascia,

·
Woober Goobers!
49,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
Took the speaker install pictures with my cell phone. Found the phone pairs automatically with the Boss Audio NAV radio without any intervention. Nice. Need to see if it'll play nice with two cell phones paired to it at the same time and both in the vehicle at the same time.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #226
The Cell Phone camera takes remarkably good pictures!

NUU Mobile G3-64GB/4GB RAM - 13MP+5MP Rear Camera, 13MP Front Selfie Camera - Dual-SIM 4G LTE Unlocked Cell Phone- Blue-One-Year US Warranty

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079MBRDNN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It was $189 shipped. Unlocked. Never heard about them before but it's been a solid performer for almost a year now. Great reviews. Great cameras. Great battery life and Excellent price.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
Work & Play phones in use at the same time! We'll see.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
Boss NAV radio worked great for the LIT-TXK-LIT trip today. Kicker speakers are a BIG improvement over OEM. With just the Fronts swapped out, I'd say I'm close to the Infinity II system in the 300M! Much more Bass and better Treble out of the Kicke Coax speakers.

Found an OEM Infinity 8" DVC thub made for the Durango for $65 on Eghey. Snapped that up. Now just need to figure out to modify the drivers rear trim panel for it or find a replacement panel with the hole already cut. Got an an ALpine Mono amp already.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
Get those speakers installed today - should be a nice change on the upcoming drive.

I bought a PAC LOC adapter for the 2014 Charger - keeping the 8.4 Uconnect factory radio and aux inputs - that will be installed in a few months. I hope it works well.
Are you using the PAC LOC for an amp for a Sub? Do you have any type of Premium sound? Alpine or Infinity?. Got an OEM amp for your current OEM speakers?

The PAC OEM kit with Module had an easy wire for wire to the Boss NAV radio. Plugged right into the stock truck harness. The included Module took car of all the CAN Bus translations to get everything working on the Boss NAV radio. Parking Brake, output, Speaker Outputs, Amp Turn on, etc. Even kept the radio off delay until a door is opened. Think it was around $65 off Amazon. Well worth it not hacking up the stock wiring harness. Also had the connections for the optional module needed if you had OEM Steering Wheel controls to keep them.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
Terry must've been drunk....4 posts in the wrong thread edited! LOL!

·
Registered
14,855 Posts
Are you using the PAC LOC for an amp for a Sub? Do you have any type of Premium sound? Alpine or Infinity?. Got an OEM amp for your current OEM speakers?

The PAC OEM kit with Module had an easy wire for wire to the Boss NAV radio. Plugged right into the stock truck harness. The included Module took car of all the CAN Bus translations to get everything working on the Boss NAV radio. Parking Brake, output, Speaker Outputs, Amp Turn on, etc. Even kept the radio off delay until a door is opened. Think it was around $65 off Amazon. Well worth it not hacking up the stock wiring harness. Also had the connections for the optional module needed if you had OEM Steering Wheel controls to keep them.
Yes - I do have the premium Alpine system. I got the PAC C2A-CHY5 loc for the CABbus and factory amp. It will do everything you said above, I like the steering wheel controls, factory radio options, etc. Keeps all of that and provides an unequalized (clean) signal to my DSP processor.

Once I have some time, the interior is getting stripped, sound deadening installed, running wires, etc. Build a new sub box and do the installation.

It will be ready by the time 'the meet' begins.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
Will PAC LOC for Beer!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #237
Got the KYB Gas-a-Just shocks in today. Just need time to get them installed. Thinking about having a local shop do it. Need to shop around on labor prices.

·
Registered
14,855 Posts
Got the KYB Gas-a-Just shocks in today. Just need time to get them installed. Thinking about having a local shop do it. Need to shop around on labor prices.
Have the same shop do an alignment while you are at it. All those miles at IRS rate should be a no brainer.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #239
Need to rig up a test bed for the Infinity Thub and Alpine Amp. Figure just run RCAs from my home stereo to the Amp and power it with my 12 VDC Bench power Supply.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
Weather permitting....tomorrow will be a DuRonbo Durango upgrade/mod day!

Replace the Front Air Dam and install new Fog Light assemblies with LED Bulbs. w00t!

221 - 240 of 254 Posts