DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

21 - 40 of 254 Posts

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Got a UPS tracking # from the Georgia dealer so the replacement Front Air Dam is on the way.

Avoid the Ebay Seller "Worldpartshop" that tries to pass themselves off as an OEM dealer.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Bought a pair of Remote Key Fobs off Amazon for $15.95 and had them cut locally for $5.45 for a total of $21.30.

Now I just need to get them programmed for the RKE function. My SLT only came with RKE and not SKIS/SKREEM anti-theft. Only had one metal key without remote when I bought it. No Remotes.

A little research over on 'Rango forum showed 2004 Durangos built before May 2004 had issues with the WCM (Wireless Control Module) not being able to program additional key fobs. Have to get a new WCM. The WCM module in the Durango is the equivalent of the Sentry module in our LH cars. New WCM module is around $120 online then there's the Dealer programming.

Locksmith that cut the keys today said $30 to program both keys. Might have him try it in case the WCM has already been replaced. Still cheaper than the Stealership by far!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Think I can get by with removing the headlights only for the Front Bumper Fascia removal. The big thing on the fascia removal is several tabs that need to be released under the headlights and grille. I think I can get that accomplished by using a trim removal tool under the grille.

We'll see this weekend. Replacement Fog lights are already here and the Front Air Dam is due to be delivered tomorrow. Wish me luck!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I need to see if this heads Up Display I bought for the Magnum works in the Durango. Worked fine and fully functional in the Magnum. Only partial Functional in the Special. Connects to the OBD port.

It was only $60 and actually worked great in the Magnum.

Basically you set the panel on the dash and it reflects on the windshield.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Seemed to have no problems with the CAN bus but very limited functionality with the PCI Bus. Seller claimed it was just OBD-II compliant but obviously not!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Decided to check all the exterior lighting tonight and found the following were out:

Drivers Side H13 Headlight bulb
Drivers Side 3457AK Parking Light bulb
Drivers Side Fog Light bulb.

The Fog light was a given as the lense was broken and i already bought a pair of OEM type replacements with bulbs.

I bought these for headlight bulb replacements. We'll see how they do. Also bought the CAN Bus anti-Flicker kits just in case.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Might need to look into a set of OEM Alloy wheels in 17" size?

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Entertaining buying OEM alloy wheels in the 17" size that will work with my current steelie tires.

Here's some choices:

$459.96+$100 shipping or best offer. No Center caps. An added expense.

Or this style. Same deal no center caps. $590.40 with free shipping. Caps appear to be about $20 for 4.

Any thoughts?

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Got the new OEM Front Air Dam in today from the GA dealer. Came in a HUUUUUGE box that could fit 10 of these in there! Must've cost them at least $30 to ship it!

Looks like I'll have several Durango projects going on this weekend.

New Front Air Dam and Fog Lights install.
Replace bolts/studs/gasket and possible exhaust manifold on the passenger side.
New LED Headlight Bulbs.
Polish Headlights with my Chemical Guys stuff.
Verify part number on WCM to determine if it needs to be replaced for RKE Programming.
General Interior Cleaning.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Need to get a new pair of tires for the rear. Will set that up next week. Probably Firestone.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Got the LED H13 Headlight bulbs in today. Look to be decent quality.

Interesting to note is I paid $49.99 total shipped for these. If you buy a standard pair of Halogen H13 bulbs locally, it'll cost you $44.00 + tax for a pair.

H13 are a combined High/Low beam bulb.

These will go in this weekend.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
A few pics of the LED headlight bulbs.

Nice the box has a "New" sticker on it!

And the Bulbs themselves with associated hardware......

10,000 rpm fans on the LED heatsinks to cool them so you know they're good! LOL!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Will have to install the LED bulb on one side only and take some comparison pics after. All these people claim twice as bright as OEM Halogen bulbs. We'll see!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
The FSM says you have to remove the headlight to change any of the 3 bulbs in it? There's a giant access panel in each fender well liner that you need to pull off to remove the headlight. One nut through the access panel and two screws from the front at the bottom near the bumper cover. It's more than big enough to get my hand in there so I'm wondering why I can't access the bulbs from the access panel opening? WTF?

Further investigation is needed and will be done this weekend.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Interesting that you can almost always find the owners manual and usually all the associated documents as a package on Eghey!

For example I found this package as there wasn't anything in the glove box at all. $10.45 shipped. Should be here later today.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Got an offer in for 4x of these OEM alloy wheels for a 2004 Durango. We'll see how it goes. $415 shipped. I doubt it'll happen!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Picked up everything I need to convert to REC NAV over the weekend.

Got the NAV Surround Bezel And NAV OEM bracket from Eghey. $78 and $14 respectively shipped.

Already had a spare REC NAV unit from my Magnum SRT8 days along with the NAV Antenna and NAV DVD. Should be a Plug-n-Pray install !

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Wheel offer is a bust. Looks like I'll be paying around $500 for a set of 4 shipped. Basically the price of 4 individual wheels. I'll keep looking.

Trying to keep it OEM/Stock looking and not Ricer Rims!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
All the tires on there now are mismatched brands/series. Sizes are all the same.

21 - 40 of 254 Posts