DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

41 - 60 of 254 Posts

·
Woober Goobers!
50,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Curious what you will find with the leds. I've seen some that were extremely bright but didn't project worth a crap.
I'll let you know once they're installed...hopefully tomorrow.

Remember these aren't the same as what people buy for "Tower" LEDs for Turn Signals and Tail Lights. Flash Back LEDs etc.

High Intensity SMD LEDs. I'll up date this.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Curious what you will find with the leds. I've seen some that were extremely bright but didn't project worth a crap.
Were these Projector or Reflector applications?

Also as usual with Eghey there's a broad spectrum of "Quality" or actual fact checking.

These were purchased through Amazon so I'm confident they'll work fine. With Ebay it's a crap shoot on Quality!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Suckah!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Got several Audio/NAV options coming in the next week. Durango NAV Surround Bezel is on the way along with the appropriate Chrysler Radio bracket for NAV.

Will try an REC upgrade to start. Hoping the REC I have is fully functional.

If not....then I have a Boss NAV unit coming from Crutchfield with a Backup Camera. Pretty cheap thanks to all that Black Friday BS. w00t!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
And with Amazon...returns are easy and quick if needed.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Reflector, used as high beams
Were these bulbs you actually purchased and used or something else? Got pictures of the bulbs you're talking about? Someone else used these bulbs and not you?

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Bought off eghey and used. Weren't all that expensive, about 35 bucks or so for the set. Don't have any pics, can't remember what they looked like exactly, didn't have any cooling fans. Ended up selling them to one of the east coast 300m club guys who never have a use for high beams other than in photos.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Bought off eghey and used. Weren't all that expensive, about 35 bucks or so for the set. Don't have any pics, can't remember what they looked like exactly, didn't have any cooling fans. Ended up selling them to one of the east coast 300m club guys who never have a use for high beams other than in photos.
LOL! Stuck it to one of those Stuck Up 300m Club foos!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Did you get all of your money back?

·
Woober Goobers!
50,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Here's the new NAV aftermarket head unit for the 'Rango:

Boss BN965BLC for $269.99 shipped. Includes Backup Camera.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Brackets, Bezels, Wiring Adapters, Interface Adapter and Antenna Adapter for a whopping $49. All from Crutchfield.

Compare that to buying a used RB1 or REC! w00t!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Will be Navigating by the end of the week in the 'Rango!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Gnarly!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Still need to call and get estimates for a pair of tires. Either Goodyear or Firestone. Whomever has the lowest installed/balanced price wins the contract!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Grrrrrrr! Everythings in for the NAV install except the NAV Dash Bracket. Getting a 2week delivery time! Most online wholesale dealers show the part as being discontinued and not available! Anyone that claims to have one is either over charging or quoting a long lead time to deliver. Retails for around $13 and discounted for under $10. Most of these AzzKlowns want $50 or more that claim to have one!

In contact with AirPark Chrysler to see if they have one. Waiting to hear back

·
Woober Goobers!
50,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Can't install an OEM REC or Aftermarket NAV without that bracket!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Final piece of the puzzle came in today for the REC NAV install.

NAV Dash Bracket. Seller said it wouldn't ship for approx. 2 weeks! Guess i bitched enough as it showed up today!.

This is "Phase I" for an OEM REC NAV install. Phase II will be an aftermarket NAV head unit with Back Up Camera and Upgraded Kicker Speakers.

Here's what I had to source for the NAV install:

Already had the REC as a spare and of course all the Burned NAV discs and GPS antennas.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Upgrading from this original AM/FM Single CD head unit with 4 speakers.

41 - 60 of 254 Posts