DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

61 - 80 of 254 Posts

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
REC is a 6 Disc CD changer with NAV and Satellite Radio capabilities. I happen to have a new Satellite tuner courtesy of Ross from years ago. Just need to buy the Install kit for around $100 if i decide to install Satellite Radio.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)
The Faux Wood on the Radio Surround Bezel is the only place it appears on the dash. So going to the Silver Bezel won't look out of place at all. The Bogus Wood actually Doesn't look bad but I won't miss it. The new Bezel reminds me of what was in the Magnum SRT8.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Hoping I can mount the GPS antenna inside the truck like an RB1 install in our LH cars. It would suck to have to mount it externally!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Waiting on Vintage Parts to confirm shipping of the NAV Dash Bracket. The only thing holding me up from my NAV install.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
This will be "Phase II" NAV Install if I decide I want to upgrade from an OEM REC NAV install.

Boss aftermarket NAV unit with Bluetooth and Backup Camera.
Kicker 6.5" replacement door speakers.
Brackets/Bezels/Wiring Adapters/CAN Bus Interface.

Crutchfield is the Shizzznit!

Hey the Nav Head unit is cheap but I only paid $1500 for the Durango! Not going to spend half of the purchase price on a Kenwood Excelon or Pioneer AVIC! All the aftermarket NAV stuff including speakers, used Dash Radio Surround and brackets will be under $400!

·
Registered
14,734 Posts
Nice set up Ron. That should be a bolt-in upgrade. I've used Crutchfield since the early '90's. They make in house top notch adapters and have great support.

I use to look at their surplus store in Charlottesville, VA and plan a JMU trip with a stop by there. Got many deals on wire, brackets, crossovers, etc. It was the time when I did regional car stereo comps.

Keep the updates going. (i.e. - get them DONE)

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Thanks Chris. I can't do anything until I get the NAV Dash Bracket.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Vintage Parts FTW! Got a confirmed tracking # for the NAV Dash Brackets. Funk the ripoff Eghey sellers and their retarded prices!

Thanks Dan!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)
Phase III Audio would probably be adding an Amplifier and upgraded Component Speakers. Not even close to that yet!

Phase II.1 could be just be an Amp or Component speakers or both. And/Or a Subwoofer. Not a lot of room in the back with the 3rd row seats up.With the 3rd row seats down it doubles the space.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Just got a NAV Dash bracket in via UPS. Supplied by Vintage Parts but Packing List/Invoice shows it came from Dallas Dodge Chrysler Jeep?

I'm looking at my Ebay orders and don't see anything from them....Dallas Dodge. I don't member ordering anything from them either!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
This bracket isn't the one I recently ordered from Vintage Parts. I ordered a quantity of 4 from them on !2/2 and the invoice on this bracket shows 11/29. A mystery!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
I think the mystery is solved! I was getting desperate and ordered a NAV bracket from Amazon. At the time it was the cheapest at $38.15. Seller was MyMoparParts. The order date matches the packing list.

Came from Vintage Parts with

Sold To:
Dallas Dodge Chrysler Jeep

Ship To:
Me!

Vintage Parts is selling these direct for $8.36!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Amazon isn't showing that order being shipped yet but that's happened before. Looks like Dallas Dodge made some $$$ of me!

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
What a rape job!
You ordered it from Amazon (mymoparparts);
they ordered it from Vintage;
Vintage drop shipped it for them and they (Dallas Dodge) pocket the difference

It's the Amazon way of doing business!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
And my order of 4x NAV Brackets from Vintage parts came in today. They were $8.36 ea. I should look into returning the Amazon one if I don't get raped on return fees!

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,338 Posts
What a rape job!
You ordered it from Amazon (mymoparparts);
they ordered it from Vintage;
Vintage drop shipped it for them and they (Dallas Dodge) pocket the difference

It's the Amazon way of doing business!
Really got to watch these online "NOS" parts sellers nowadays.

There are sellers on Amazon and Ebay that just have Vintage drop ship parts. You order from them, they place the order thru Vintage and never touch the part. They dont have to be a dealer either. Some of these sellers will price gouge the hell out of you. Anyone can order from Vintage, just have to pay retail price; or.... (honest) dealers will get it for their normal cost and charge what they would have if the part was still available; which is sometimes less than the price you would pay from Vintage if you just ordered it yourself. Always check everywhere.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Jackwagon Ebay Seller that sent the NAV Bracket without padding that arrived broken hasn't responded to my Refund Request yet. Ebay says on 12/7 I can have them step in and drop the Hammer! Tomorrow I'll be contacting Ebay and get my $25.17 back!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
And my order of 4x NAV Brackets from Vintage parts came in today. They were $8.36 ea. I should look into returning the Amazon one if I don't get raped on return fees!
Started a return for the Amazon NAV Bracket that cost me $38.15. Getting stiffed $4.19 to ship it back. Still my remaining refund amount will pay for the shipping and 2 brackets from Vintage Parts! I'm good with that.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Got the full refund on the damaged NAV bracket from the Ebay Seller. Don't have to return the broken one so it goes in the trash!

61 - 80 of 254 Posts