DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

141 - 160 of 254 Posts

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #141 (Edited)
All Tuned Up! Need to drive it around a bit in the next few days to see if there's any noticeable difference. Saving Stock Tune and installing the Performance Tune worked without any issues.

Windshield Washer Nozzles came in today. It's raining so won't be able to install until tomorrow or next. Finest Chinkese crap available! Even came with a spare gasket. Got two nozzles and three gaskets.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #142 (Edited)
Flashpaq plugged into the OBD port:

Reading the Stock PCM files:

Writing the Canned Performance Tune to the PCM:

Mission Accomplished!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
About to install a Dash Cam in the Duronbo Durango. Took out the 8gb SD memory card and installed a 32gb card. Supposed to give me 560 minutes of recording time at 720p/30fps. The 8gb card would've been good for 140 minutes recording time.

Papago GoSafe 350 1080p Mini Dash Camera with GPS

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Dash Cam is installed and setup. Just need to tuck the power cable up under the headliner, down the A Pillar and under the Dash to the power outlet.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Dash Cam Video captures.....

Headed down to the Bank to deposit some RK PC Parts and Repair, LLC cash. Here's a few shots. Ignore the dirty windshield. [email protected] captures.

Just starting out..... Ricer is visible to the right downhill.

Heading down the hill....

Turning into the Bank Remote Office Parking lot. Notice the Fake Beggar/Homeless with sign on the right!

Almost there!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
New headlights arrived today. A project for this weekend with weather permitting. Removing the headlights is a much bigger PITA than any LH car. Need to go in from the back in the wheel well to remove a nut after taking a plastic cover off. Then remove two bolts from the front below the headlight and above the bumper cover. Joy!

Will install the new LED headlight bulbs I've had for awhile with the new headlights. This generation Durango uses a single bulb for both High/Low beams. New LED bulbs have SMDs at the appropriate spacing along the length to simulate the original filaments. We'll see how it looks when they're installed and used at night.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Think I'll convert the Durango to Road warrior duty for work and take the mileage off the Special. Work has me traveling all over to these Regional Airports to repair units and it's really ramped up in the last half of 2018 and will continue into 2019 and beyond!

The Durango is already high mileage so if it will work and not require huge amounts of $$$ to maintain and keep running then it's a go. Otherwise....need to start looking at other lower mileage used vehicles to pick up the slack.

Just ordered some Bilstein shocks Front/Rear and will install them. Need to install the new aftermarket headlights and LED bulbs to enhance my future driving experience!

It's a 4 day weekend now so weather permitting I might get some of the mods/upgrades done.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Here's the results from the Durango Business trip on Wednesday:

A 340 mile one day Business road trip and this is what I ended up with! 4.7L with 190k miles on the clock. 23.5 mpg which moved up to 23.6 about 10 minutes later on the OTIS. Not bad for a tired 4.7L.

Cruising probably 98% of that highway at a tick over 70 mph. Relatively flat.....slight hills. Probably 20 miles of in town traffic.
No A/C other than what might run for Defrost with the heat on.

And a shot of my $100 EBay REC NAV unit in action. With the cost of the Bezel and the REC about $200 total. Already had a NAV antenna laying around.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #149 (Edited)
A productive afternoon of modding/upgrading! New aftermarket headlights and new LED High/Low Combo bulbs along with new parking and turn signal bulbs up front on the DuRonbo Durango!

From this:

To this:

Overall.....

Mo Better!

The new headlights came with new bulbs with the exception of the main high/low beam bulbs. My drivers side main headlight bulb was out since I bought the truck along with the drivers side parking light filament. I decided on LED main headlight bulbs so that was taken care of and the new headlights had new parking/turn signal bulbs in them already.

These are the LED headlight bulbs I bought @ $55 for the kit shipped. Includes CAN Bus anti-flicker modules.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Score!

17" Chrome wheels and good tires for $225 to go on the DuRonbo Durango! Off a 2013 Ram 1500. Same Bolt Pattern and wheel width/tire size as the Durango. 70% tread life left!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Preliminary Chrome wheel look on the DuRonbo Durango. What do you guys think?

Got some OEM Dodge Solid Lug Nuts coming in for 02-11 Rams that will be perfect on these wheels. The ones I have right now are aftermarket and are longer than the lug nuts that should be on there. New for less than $24 shipped for 20! w00t!

Minor delay and a little procrastination but I don't want to do this twice.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Checking for a 5th chrome wheel as a spare on Eghey. Cheapest is $99 with free shipping. No center cap. I'll have to think about that. Probably just use one of the current steelies with the best tire as a spare for now.

One thing that pissed me off with the steel wheels and wheel covers is that the full size spare wouldn't allow you put the wheel cover on. The regular steel wheels are referred to as "Road Wheels" and have a different spoke shape than the full size steel spare. WTF?

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Got some Roof Rack Cross Rails coming in from Amazon.

Just in case I want to really load this puppy up!

R&L Racing Silver Roof Rail Rack Oval Adjustable for Vehicles Cross Bar Cargo Luggage Carrier Kit C1

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #156 (Edited)
Found the OEM scissor jack! It's under the passenger side 2nd row seat!

I've got a 3 ton heavy duty steel floor jack like Dan has that's used at the meets so for most jacking maintenance the scissor jack isn't needed. Nice to know where it is though.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
New Nutz (Lug Nutz) should be here tomorrow but heavy rain thru Saturday will funk the wheel install up! Should be able to do it Sunday.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
Keep your Nutz in their Sack! heh

These are the solid lug nuts from a Ram truck and not the cheesy Mopar capped version found on other Chrysler vehicles. The caps usually get mangled and fall off or interfere with getting a socket on them. Weather is looking good for tomorrow's install. w00t!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
Also got this in yesterday. The proper radio surround bezel for my year/trim Durango that had OEM NAV. Faux wood grain like the original with standard radio. The one I have in there now is Silver with Khaki trim along the sides. This one has the correct dark gray side trim to match the rest of my dash.

141 - 160 of 254 Posts