DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

161 - 180 of 254 Posts

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Delay and minor procrastination on the chrome wheel install. Had to find my DeWalt cordless impact kit and charge the batteries. These are the older NiCad batteries and may not take a charge. Need to see if my Lion adapter works on the impact driver just in case.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
One deluxe 17" Dodge RAM Chrome Clad wheel for $65 arrived today. This will be the spare. Needs a little cleaning but in very good condition.

·
Registered
14,734 Posts
Was it Christmas time for you???? LOL - that box is ripped wide open like someone is looking for the:

"official Red Ryder, carbine action, 200-shot, range model air rifle, with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time!"

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
It was semi double boxed. That's the way it looked when I opened the outer box.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
I was impressed enough with the LED headlight bulbs I bought that I decided to try a set for the Fog Lights. $49.99/pair shipped for 9145 compatible bulbs. Hopefully they'll be as good as the headlight bulbs.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Got the LED Fog Light bulbs in today. Test fit one in the new OEM style aftermarket Fog Light Assemblies which went well. Fired it up with the 12 vdc power supply and these puppies are bright. Will have to wait until later on to check the Beam pattern against the wall in the Living Room. After that it'll be the install in the Durango later this week.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
LEDs are Gnarly! What remains to be seen is the Longevity. Reports of bulbs failing within 3 months. We'll see what happens.

A pair of Halogen bulbs is around $20 with something like SilverStars being more expensive. At around $50/pair for both the Headlight and Fog Light bulbs, I think it's a decent gamble.

3 year warranty on the Headlight bulbs and 1 year on the fog light bulbs. We'll see. So far I'm impressed with the Headlight bulbs.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
Getting the LED Fog Lights set up......

I don't think there will be any CAN Bus warnings like the headlights. I have a dead bulb in the current fog light that has a broken lens and there aren't any warnings.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
The start of the Aftermarket NAV Radio install......

Dug out my 12 vdc power supply and doing a little Bench Testing! Here's what it'll look like when it's installed and running in the Durango.

Startup screen

NAV screen starting

Radio

Other options

Need to connect the Backup camera to see how that looks.

It's also a Touch Screen unit with a Remote Control also. Bluetooth Connection for Hands Free Phone and Streaming. Aux Input for Video. Has a built in DVD Optical Drive that will play DVD movies. If this thing works as well as it looks it's a bargain for $250.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Went out to do some normal checks/maintenance on the Durango today and was greeted with the "rapid click of death" when trying to start. Pulled the battery and went to put it on the charger but decided to check the voltage on it first. 12.7 vdc. Hmm...put it on the charger for an hour anyway and put it back in the truck. Started just fine. Seems the OEM cable clamps are a POS? Ordered a battery wire brush and cleaner/protecto sprays.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Looks like I'm set for the Ram Chrome wheel install tomorrow unless work interferes! w00t!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
No Go Today!. Had a call at the airport. Just got back. Think I can do this tomorrow though.

Some other discoveries from yesterday:

Added 50/50 coolant to the overflow tank yesterday and it got pissed out on the ground below! Apparently the tank is cracked or something. Level in the radiator is fine so far. Looks like the Coolant Overflow Tank is combined with the Windshield washer tank. WTF! The Rock has the OEM Mopar part for $55 so that's ordered. Along with AVS Side window Vent Shades for $50.

Pimping the Durango out!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
Swapped out the PCV valve yesterday.....what a PITA! Original felt like it was glued in there but managed to twist it out. Spent 20 minutes trying to get the new one in and had to resort to pliers on the PCV body to twist it 90 degrees back into position. Even used motor oil to lube it up to try and get it in! Plastic on Plastic mounting bullshit. The PCV is mounted to the Oil Fill Housing which is plastic and obviously has seen better days judging by the hardened sludge buildup inside, Not drastic hardened sludge like some 2.7L engines that have been neglected but still present.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Also test fit the new solid lug nuts on the Durango tonight. Used the cordless DeWalt 1/2" Impact driver and a socket from the DeWalt Impact socket set I got from Amazon recently. Tightened the test lug nut down with a 1/2" torque wrench at 135 ft-lbs. All good for lug nuts. Think I can get the chrome wheels on tomorrow morning before heading into work.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
Ordered a new Mopar Coolant Recovery Tank (combo with windshield washer fluid tank) from the Rock along with some AVS Side Window Vent Shades. $54.79 for the tank and $51.79 for the AVS Vent Shades.

·
Registered
14,734 Posts
Pimp the Durango - and keep the coolant leaks to the minimum.

How's the new radio working out? Seems like it has a bunch of modern features.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
Well Boys & Girls.....what do you think?

·
Woober Goobers!
49,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
The DeWalt Cordless Impact was a Godsend! Along with the 1/2" breaker bar and DeWalt Impact Sockets. Everything torqued down to 135 ft-lbs factory spec.

Got one wheel stud that's buggered up on the passenger rear. Been that way since I bought the truck. I'll have to take it into a tire shop and get it replaced.Got a quote for $40 to do that with a new stud and lug nut.

Also found the tire that's in that position with the black wall out has the Michelin OWL on the inside. I'll get that dismounted and turned around and balanced. Total quoted will be about $70 for everything. I'll get that done sometime next week.

161 - 180 of 254 Posts