DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Some actual pictures! Kind of dirty after the 400+ mile trip to XNA. Part of having a Black Vehicle again. Not the best pictures but I'll have better ones after cleaning it up.

Looks like the Drivers side headlight has been replaced. Passenger side is clouded. Ordered a pair of new headlights along with Fog Lights and LED bulbs for both.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Premium Windshield Sunshade ordered. AVS Window Vent Visors will be here later this week. Same as the 2004 SLT. Didn't want to transfer them as they have adhesive tape to keep them secure in channel.

Thinking that's about it for this Beast. Battery is 5 years old and a WalTard battery. Might replace that as a preventative measure. Will get another Interstate battery.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It's like Christmas in May!

Just received the following today:

AVS Window Vent Visors - Installed
Super Premium Folding Windshield Sun Shade - Installed
New Fog Lights - Waiting for the LED Bulbs to get here later today
LED Headlight Bulbs - Waiting to get the new headlights
Dodge FSM 4 Manual Set - w00t!

Also went to the Locksmith and got the two aftermarket Key Fobs cut & programmed.
$24.95 for the Key Fobs from Amazon and $65.40 to cut and program the keys! It would've cost close to $400 from the dealer for the equivalent!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Also ordered some Chrome Caps for the Door Rear View Mirrors.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Loving the Remote Start and Power Lift Gate features!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
First repair on the Durango finished. The MyGig RER NAV unit was randomly locking up and rebooting especially when the cabin was hot. Some research indicated it was most likely the hard drive. Followed the test procedures and ordered up a new programmed Hard Disk from Mygig-Disk.com for $90 and installed. Updated the Firmware and Maps to the latest from the included DVD and all is well in Durango Land!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
New Fog Lights are here along with the LED bulbs. Will attempt that install tomorrow when it's not raining. Unlike the 2004 the bumper cover doesn't need to be removed. Remove some screws holding the wheel liner in and remove 2 screws per fog light, disconnect the bulb and push out the front. Easy-Peasey!

New headlights are supposed to be here tomorrow. Already have the LED bulbs for them.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
More goodies came in today:

Headlights
Solid chrome Lug Nuts
Chrome Rear View Mirror Caps

All that's left that I'm waiting on are new Tail Lights. Passenger side one has a crack on the top.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
MyGig NAV worked perfectly today through several short trips. 90 degrees outside temps. Looks like the HDD replacement took care of the random Reboots and Lockups.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Also got 2x Shrader OEM style TPMS sensors in today. Of course the day after I ordered them the sensor that wasn't "putting out" is working again! I'll have them in the Durango ready to go if I need to replace one. They were only $24.95 each.

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
Also got 2x Shrader OEM style TPMS sensors in today. Of course the day after I ordered them the sensor that wasn't "putting out" is working again! I'll have them in the Durango ready to go if I need to replace one. They were only $24.95 each.
When they arrive - what are your plans to get them programmed and installed?

I might follow 'your route' on replacing my bad TPMS.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
There's a couple of local tire shops that will install a sensor I give them for $20. They'll use a StarScan tool or equivalent to get them programmed to the truck.

With yours, I'd be surprised if the OEM type sensor wasn't picked up automatically by the car. 3rd gen Durangos that's how they work. No programming needed. The vehicle detects a new sensor broadcasting and assigns it automatically.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Chrome Mirror caps installed.

New passenger tail light installed. Ton of water in the old one. Probably should order new bulbs.

New Engine air filter installed. Old one looked pretty new.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Pictures later when it cools down a little.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
New headlight LED bulbs and Passenger Side Headlight install tomorrow.

Ripping a bunch of CDs right now. Transfer to USB after that and then to the MyGig Hard Drive. USB transfer is uber-quick!

MyGig hasn't hiccuped since the new hard drive install. Has been working Flawlessly.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Chrome Mirror Caps.

Before:

After:

·
Woober Goobers!
50,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Synthetic Engine Oil change, Power Steering fluid change and install TPMS Sensor scheduled for Tuesday. Everybody around here claims they're all too busy to do it today or tomorrow due to the Holiday weekend!

21 - 40 of 71 Posts