DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I signed up a few years ago and mostly just read through the forum, but I thought I would finally post my car.

It's a 2000 Intrepid ES, 3.2, 89,xxx miles my grandparents bought new. My grandmother no longer drives and being a Mopar guy and someone who genuinely takes care of vehicles, she gave me the car. I mostly just drive it around town and to run errands. I rarely drive it to work as I have a very long commute, but when I do, it's like riding into work on a cloud.

I put lower control arms on it today and doing the tire rods tomorrow. It has a few issues being a 22 year old car. The door locks are funky and make an insane screeching sound as they auto lock once you start driving. The climate control is stuck on hot. But overall it's been a pretty nice "survivor" that just has age issues. I will say the timing belt on this car is the easiest one I've ever done and the majority of maintenance items on it are surprisingly easy to access.

Right now I'm just maintaining it and keeping it in as good condition as I can. I don't really need it but I have a sentimental attachment to it being my grandparents car, and it's comfortable, rides nice, drives and handles well, and it's a Mopar.

Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Car

Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Car seat cover

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Sky Car

·
Premium Member
18,389 Posts
A belated welcome!

Your intrepid looks to be in very good cosmetic shape. Did your grandparents keep it in a garage?

What's that blue thang you're teasing us with in your photos - looks like it could be interesting. I'm not up enough on vintage Mopars, but probably some others here have already figured it out.

EDIT: Coronet? Belvedere?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A belated welcome!

Your intrepid looks to be in very good cosmetic shape. Did your grandparents keep it in a garage?

What's that blue thang you're teasing us with in your photos - looks like it could be interesting. I'm not up enough on vintage Mopars, but probably some others here have already figured it out.

EDIT: Coronet? Belvedere?
Thanks. It's always been in a garage, but it sits a lot because I just haven't had time to address the suspension issues until recently.

It's a '67 Belvedere, 318 but solid. Planning on restoring it back exactly how it was new but swap a 440/727 and rear gear to something else.

Here it is
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Premium Member
18,389 Posts
Thanks. It's always been in a garage, but it sits a lot because I just haven't had time to address the suspension issues until recently.

It's a '67 Belvedere, 318 but solid. Planning on restoring it back exactly how it was new but swap a 440/727 and rear gear to something else.

Here it is View attachment 42365
So it was brown and you've since painted it blue, or the light is playing tricks on me?

Site member Dan (Daytrepper) is building up the 440 in his '66 Coronet as we speak.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The light is probably playing tricks on you, I can't paint a car that fast lol.

I'd like to check out if he has a thread on it. I'm MUCH more familiar with that stuff. I'm planning on a basic 10:1 build with 440 Source heads (aluminum but look stock), decent cam, and stock everything else. I've gained a much higher appreciation for leaving things closer to stock looking.

·
Premium Member
18,389 Posts
I've let Dan know you're posting here. Hopefully he'll be along.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
38,497 Posts
The light is probably playing tricks on you, I can't paint a car that fast lol.

I'd like to check out if he has a thread on it. I'm MUCH more familiar with that stuff. I'm planning on a basic 10:1 build with 440 Source heads (aluminum but look stock), decent cam, and stock everything else. I've gained a much higher appreciation for leaving things closer to stock looking.
Welcome! Nice Trep; looks super clean~~ glad to see an ES that clean still running around.

You're looking at pretty much what I'm in the middle of on my 66 Coronet w/440. Same thing; I'm doing a mild performance build. Sealed power pistons --Edelbrock Performer RPM heads (pretty similar to the 440 source heads); mild cam, not too mild...lol...but good enough to leave me some vacuum and idle---compression just right at 9.8... Let me know if you need any help---I can say 440 source is excellent for parts for these things, and very helpful too if you have questions. I've gotten many parts from them for my build.

I've got a build thread over on the B body forum. 66 Coronet Convertible

·
Registered
204 Posts
I signed up a few years ago and mostly just read through the forum, but I thought I would finally post my car.

It's a 2000 Intrepid ES, 3.2, 89,xxx miles my grandparents bought new. My grandmother no longer drives and being a Mopar guy and someone who genuinely takes care of vehicles, she gave me the car. I mostly just drive it around town and to run errands. I rarely drive it to work as I have a very long commute, but when I do, it's like riding into work on a cloud.

I put lower control arms on it today and doing the tire rods tomorrow. It has a few issues being a 22 year old car. The door locks are funky and make an insane screeching sound as they auto lock once you start driving. The climate control is stuck on hot. But overall it's been a pretty nice "survivor" that just has age issues. I will say the timing belt on this car is the easiest one I've ever done and the majority of maintenance items on it are surprisingly easy to access.

Right now I'm just maintaining it and keeping it in as good condition as I can. I don't really need it but I have a sentimental attachment to it being my grandparents car, and it's comfortable, rides nice, drives and handles well, and it's a Mopar.

View attachment 42362
View attachment 42359
View attachment 42363
View attachment 42364
View attachment 42361
View attachment 42360
View attachment 42358
What a beautiful car! It looks really nice! Is the spoiler stock btw? It doesn’t look like the factory spoilers I’m used to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts