1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Well, I watched the first one...too cool...look at you going around those cones!! Awesome! :bigsmile:

I wonder if they do that around here anywhere?:confused:

Edit: Ok, watched the second one...who won? kinda hard to tell.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I win against the Impreza. It was very close, but if you watch the end of strip there are lights on either side of the track, the winner's side light turns on. I raced that guy like 3 times, he was actually a little faster everytime but I always killed him with reaction time.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hmmmmmm......

There was no way you beat that Imprezza, he looked like he smoked you the entire 1/4 - or maybe i'm wrong.........

Anyhow, these videos are probably the best thing i've seen on this site......... SO COOL

RYAN

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ummm, I think the video speaks for itself. The light means you win, and the light was in my lane. I wouldn't lie and post a video. That Impreza ran out of steam very quickly towards the end of the 1/4 mile and I pulled on him very hard at the end. He ran 15.7's and I ran 15.8's that night, but his reaction time sucked which means I won every time.

Thanks for the compliment though. I love racing the old R/T, it's lots o' fun!

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I only watched the race video due to my EXTREMELY slow connection. Pretty cool ****. :)

BTW- I don't see how someone can doubt you beat that Impreza when there is proof right there. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
296 Posts
My Mistake

sorry about that bboucher......... i jumped the gun on my relpy, having not read the above post about the light in your lane. i'm glad to see that you beat that facker...... one for the R/T boys!!!

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Yeah going around those cones is pretty cool. I would love to do that, but I dont think there are any tracks here in NYC. LOL

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Much credit to the both of you.

I'd like to know what mods that Scooby driver has done. That car doesn't run 15.7s bone stock, especially since it is an NA version.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LHSer, If I remember correctly he only had a fart can muffler that a friend gave him. No other mods. It was a new car at the time. That car was friggin quick, and the guy wasn't even driving it for all it had. Probably could have run 15.5's in that thing.

DJ, man I can guarantee there is a SCCA chapter somewhere in or near NY city. As big as that place is, there has to be at least one or more. Most SCCA event are just held in big parking lots. The one here used to be on a military base's parking lot, but they got kicked off since Sep. 11 and moved to local dragstrip for their races.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Tons O' Viewing Fun

Great clips of you on the track. I would try to find a better videographer. Shaky lil hands.

The clips were excellent though. Thank God for Hi Speed connections, since I was downloading it at 700 Kb/s.

:crazy:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts