DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Woober Goobers!
49,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Figure i'll put a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120mm PWM Fan on the AMD 8 core and toss it in a different case.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Need to source 16GB of DDR4 RAM for the Snow Build. Got 8GB that's set aside for another build that I can use temporarily to set this build up. Can run off the Intel On Board HD 630 graphics for OS setup then add a suitable video card later.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The start of the Thermaltake P3 Snow Edition Open case build.

This time with a Z270 ATX MoBo and an Intel i5-7600K CPU.

MoBo mounted to the case back plate. CPU and M.2 SATA SSD in.
Ready to mount the NZXT Kraken Liquid Cooling.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Add the 16GB DDR4 RAM and mount the PSU, make some cable connections and Fire it Up!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Might go with this Seasonic PSU in the future to keep the White theme. 750W Full Modular.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Then it's a question of what Video Card? Nothing high end that has the White shroud. Anything that's full black will probably work.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Liquid Cooling mounted and connected. Figuring out where exactly to put the Power Supply now! Instructions are a little vague.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
One 3.5" Standard Desktop Hard Drive will go in the opening below the radiator/fans. There's room for 2x more HDD under the Radiator and 2x more inside the case under the MoBo.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
MoBo also has 2x slots for M.2 SSDs. One is already installed next to the first PCIe slot.

Just need to install the RAM and make the PSU/Front Panel connections and Fire It Up!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Ready For Action!

PSU and Modular Power Cables installed.
Front Panel Connections installed.
Add-In Card "Porch" installed. Haven't installed the PCIe Riser cable yet or the R7 video card. Going to run it off the HD 630 On-Chip graphics to start and go from there.

Wish me Luck!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Forgot the RAM! Ooops!

It Lives! w00t!

The lighting. NZXT Pump, MoBo Chipset Heatsink and some tracks for the Audio.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Grrrrrr! Frickin Intel Z1xx/Z2xx Skylake MoBos. A PITA to install Win 7. No drivers for USB in the standard Win 7 Install/ISO discs. Need to use a special program to create a DVD/USB Drive for install that puts the drivers on. Otherwise when you go to install Win 7 you get the "Drivers Not Found" BS! This is my normal upgrade Path to Win 10 as I've still got a **** ton of Win 7 keys from my MSDN account. Installing Win 8 or 10 isn't a problem but i don't want to use my Uber Valuable Keys for them.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Modified Win 7 Pro USB stick has been created. Installation is now proceeding on the M.2 SSD.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Win 7 Drivers and Updates in progress. Dum-Dee-Dum.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Updated to Win 10 Pro x64. Added the MSI R7 370 video card. Updated all the drivers, etc.

Apparently there are two versions of the Thermaltake P3 case. One comes with a PCIe Riser Cable and the other doesn't. Guess which one I got? Waiting on a riser cable to be able to put the video card down on the "Porch" instead of directly to the MoBo.

Tuned all the lighting so it's all white including the Pump, MoBo and PSU.

Need to move the Radiator up about 3/4" to make room for the mounting of a 3.5" Desktop HDD so it's visible from the front. Rather than mounting it inside the case where it can't be seen.

Then it's final assembly of the case with the posts for the Acrylic panel that goes across the front. Tidy up some cabling and it's ready for sale.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Did a little test overclock on the i5-7600K. Went from stock 3.8GHz to 4.5GHz without breaking a sweat. Returned back to stock clock speed.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Just the latest pics.....

·
Woober Goobers!
49,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Once I get the PCIe Riser cable....the video card will be moved off the MoBo directly and rotated 90 degrees and mounted to the plate above the PSU.

Still have to mount the 2TB HDD below the radiator and connect it.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Seriously looking at the white 750W Seasonic fully modular PSU. A little pricey! But it would match all the other white components. No lighting on it though.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Or I could really cheap out with this $45 Enermax/Crapmax PSU! Not an option on this build!

21 - 40 of 80 Posts