89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here it is....

[ August 23, 2001: Message edited by: Intrepid98 ]

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
this sucks....i dont know how to post my pic...help....!

·
Registered
299 Posts
l8tr pony, where did u get ur chrome rims for ur RT? they werent factory were they?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
did you have those rims custom-chromed?

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I think otto said that in 2002 they have the chrome rims for the R/T.

Did they have another model "Dodge" with those rims before the 2002 R/T? Maybe a Caravan (i think they had a chrome option like that?). Is that where you got them?

·
Registered
504 Posts
The Sport Caravans had chrome wheels, but I don't know about 17". There was a company that would send you a chrome factory look-alike, then you send them your old ones. As for the color, I'm curious too...

·
Registered
558 Posts
I dunno!!! That car looks awfully black to me.
Maybe he painted the car or something but I know there's no midnight blue. I see a deep sapphire blue on a base intrepid, but that's it.
Car looks nice but polishing those chrome wheels would be an awful pain. Mad Txn, how are your swirl marks doin'?
The black looks great until the sun is shining directly on it.

Danny
CapitalCity RT

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
The car is lookin nice, I really like the chrome rims, lookin slick.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Nice ride... I'll trade you straight up :D

·
Registered
504 Posts
Originally posted by CapitalCity RT:
...Mad Txn, how are your swirl marks doin'?
The black looks great until the sun is shining directly on it...
Swirl marks... They suck ass. But what sucks more is all the marks from the crackheads who don't park their white cars far enough away from mine to avoid hitting my doors with theirs.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Whats up guys...sorry I havent been replying to any of your comments....

When I got my ride last October, the rims were an additional option...they charged me an additional $700 for the polishing. Till this day I havent seen 17" chrome stock rims. I guess I just got lucky with this one.

You guys are right about the paint....it is a Deep Saphire Blue. I just couldnt think of the color when I was adding my info. Thanks for all your good comments. Thanks for posting my pic Randy.......

·
Registered
973 Posts
that is a very nice looking car, but ....... let's see ........ there were no chrome wheels offered until 2002, and there sure as heck was no blue color of any kind available on the R/T. BUT, there it is, correct muffler and tip, lettering is correct, all looks like an R/T. ????????? Hmmm, if someone is trying to make a different model look like an R/T, that's the way to do it! I'm NOT saying that is what you did. But where did that blue come from?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Why are you hating on me Don? If you dont think I have a legit R/T that is your problem.....I know what I have and that is all that matters.....Let me take some more pics of my ride and have them uploaded....stay tuned.... :mad:

·
Registered
504 Posts
The only true way is to look at the engine. Also, it would've had to be an ES, because of the fog lights, and therefore would most likely have the ATC. But dealers do any kind of paint they want. The Impala SS when it was first offered in 94 only came in black, but dealers offered other colors. My dealer told me that the R/T didn't come in black, but as you see...

·
Registered
336 Posts
I would bet that if your dealer went through the trouble of chroming your rims, he had might have had the car painted too. Did you notice if he charged more for a paint job too?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts