DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok. ive looked at a ton of pictures and i think that i may have a part # for the leather shifter with chrome insert. my local dealer gave me "#45983491aa leather shifter" for 00-03 300m. is this the one i want with the chrome? he also gave me "#4670208 for 99" to anyone who has a chrome shifter, what was the part # of yours? everyone says they are hard to find, but my dealer could order one at anytime. am i missing something? and also, how does the factory shifter come off? is it just a set screw? any info would be great.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
LOL....

What your dealer isnt telling you... is if you "order" a chrome shifter... and they actually use the chome shifter part number... DC will most likely just send the dealer a leather wrapped shifter.

I heard this happened to somebody else. You cannot order any more chrome shifters. DC does not make them nor supply them anymore. If a dealer can get their hands on chrome shifters... they are either taking them from any stock they have left... or are getting them from another dealer that has stock.

Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
DjPiLL said:
LOL....

What your dealer isnt telling you... is if you "order" a chrome shifter... and they actually use the chome shifter part number... DC will most likely just send the dealer a leather wrapped shifter.

I heard this happened to somebody else. You cannot order any more chrome shifters. DC does not make them nor supply them anymore. If a dealer can get their hands on chrome shifters... they are either taking them from any stock they have left... or are getting them from another dealer that has stock.

Good luck in your search.
I ordered 2 from 2 different dealers over a year ago using the correct part number for the shifter. When I got them, they were the plain old leather wrapped shifter. The chrome part number is still in their system, but it points to the regular leather shifter now as a replacement (cuz it is no longer used or produced).

These shifters now sell on ebay for near $200 if you can find one.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
greystr said:
and also, how does the factory shifter come off? is it just a set screw? any info would be great.
there is one small allen head bolt on the base of the shifter, If you put you car all the way back and look you will see it, loosen this screw and the whole knob will pull right off

$200 huh? getting more and more tempting to pull mine off and put it up for sale

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Intrepid99 said:

I ordered 2 from 2 different dealers over a year ago using the correct part number for the shifter. When I got them, they were the plain old leather wrapped shifter. The chrome part number is still in their system, but it points to the regular leather shifter now as a replacement (cuz it is no longer used or produced).

These shifters now sell on ebay for near $200 if you can find one.
guess ill be hitting up the junk yards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts