415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got ahold of some cash and I went spend happy on carparts.com

I ordered:

K&N Drop in filter
K&N recharge kit
K&N Oil filter
Flowmaster 40 Series Delta flow muffler

I also ordered the tornado air thingy to put in my accordian hose. I seriously doubt it gives 10+hp like their website says, but if it gives me 2 hp and like 1-2mpg better, I'll be happy. Does anyone currently own a tornado air setup? I hope its worth the 70 bucks and I think it'll be a nice addition to the K&N Drop in to replace my cone filter.

Tell me what you guys think.:bigsmile:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Should have read the threads on the tornado. They weren't getting to many positive marks, but if you put it in and like it let us know.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, after trying to sell it in the paper for 4800 and 4200 and nothing and ebay, still nothing. I figured I should just keep the damn thing. This is the first money i've spent on upgrades since I bought the cone filter way back in early September 2001, 30 bucks. Repairs = 2000 and it still has the radiator fan rigged and a/c and the torque converter is going bad. Max I could get for it would be like 4000 (200 more than I paid) and with 4000 grand I'd buy another POS so screw it and I'll just keep dumping the money into it.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
It's good to hear that you are keeping the car. Let us know how that Tornado deal works.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
at least you have room in the POS!
atcually... that slack that you are talking about probably is NOT the torque converter....... mine does that right now on a BRAND NEW one.... (hmm). don't know about the other problems you are having.. but it sounds like the problems any $4k - $5K used car would be having right about now. :p

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have room in the POS? That went over my head.:confused: I'll be sure and tell you guys about the tornado, I hope its somewhat worth it. I'm mainly looking for gas mileage improvement because I get 20mpg avg..:angry:

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
oh man, 20MPG? lucky MF! mine barely gets 18, couple weeks ago I got a little over 15! (235 miles on 15.2 gallons) anyways, good choice in keeping the car. I know what you mean by that POS statement. I feel the same way sometimes, let us know how those mods work out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts