DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it’s official. The Trep is 10 years old! Relative to some on this site, I think she has had a fairly easy life. Won't get into the whole story, but I bought the ’99 Intrepid ES to replace a ’99 LHS. The LHS was purchased in 2001 to replace a 1995 Intrepid, which was rear ended by a guy in a Mercedes who wasn’t paying any attention to the fact that traffic was stopped.

My ’95 had 108k miles when it was totaled, and my ’99 LHS had 119k when I sold it in 2006. This ’99 White Trep has just 80k miles right now. It turned over 80k just before turning 10 years old.

My ES is well equipped with virtually everything except the sun/moon roof. It has the standard 3.2L for an ES in 1999. It’s pretty much stock all the way except the factory hood cover and a leather console cover. There are a couple of rust bubbles showing just below the fuel door, but otherwise, it’s pretty clean!

I’m looking forward to a full clay and wax treatment this spring. Just haven’t had the time when the weather has been agreeable enough. Check out the photos taken after a wash last summer/fall. Had a couple of other photos that I attached to a previous post, which would not attach here. Not sure why. I guess three will have to do.

BTW, white is a great "color" for a Trep!

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I'm looking forward to it having a long life! My son is a freshman in college, and he wants it when he graduates. Hopefully, I can give it up in 3+ years!?!

Next big-ticket item is the timing pump, etc., etc. Not looking forward to the cost of that project. Right now, engine & transmission are running like new. This Trep is my favorite car in 30 years of driving! Then again, I've never had a BMW ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts