DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
From my other thread that I drove in a hellish rain storm last night I ended up with a day in hell. I went to go to work and the car wouldn't start. I tried jumping it and no luck. I tried to call out so I can fix this because like hell I was going to call a cab and pay 60 bucks to get to work. I can use that 60 towards parts to fix the car. Well my boss twisted my arm so I stole my room mate's car since it was his day off and he just sits in his room playing final fantasy online. That car is a POS. Overheats, warped rotors, no A/C, and a Service engine soon light blearing at me like the sun. I made it to work and it was hell, everything was going wrong. I got off work early to fix the car around 2:30pm. I get home after beating up my roommate's car :beat: . I start work on my car and couldn't figure what was wrong. Checked fuses, relays, swapped relays, check voltages, charged the battery that kept saying fully charged. I took off the headlight to see the negative side and it was bolted up tight. When I jiggled the cable about 5 inches from the terminal I saw the battery charger gauge move rapidly. Well some how I got a break in the cable :banghead: . I take my room mate's car again and beat it up some more :beat:
I get to discount auto and buy a new cable and a gold plated terminal. I get back home and took out the old cable and replaced the cable with a 40inch cable I bought and hooked up the terminal. When I hooked it up to the battery my alarm goes off (scared the crap out of me, never happened before) and I switched it off. I get in the car, cross my fingers and start the car. :auto_08: It starts up then dies and back fires that sounded like a shotgun going off. My neighbors even ran out to see. I try again and starts right up. My neighbor that always watches me work on the trep came over and shook my hand and said "I knew you could do it man"

:smiley_aa

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Honestly, the way you drove it thru the rain and flood the way you did with such reckless abandon, I don't blame the car one bit. You treat the car well, it'll treat you well in return.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Not trying to be a douche, but dude....do you honestly have to post about EVERY LITTLE THING that happens to you on the road? I'm sure there are a lot of us who had "moments" while on the road.....but that doesn't mean they always warrant yet another thread...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts