DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my 1997 Dodge Intrepid.

This is the custom kit I built for the Pioneer Premier DEH-940MP.

This is a shot of one of the custom kick panels my wife built for the Trep.

Custom amprack.

The alarm system is mounted in the trunk.

Both the subs and the amps are liquid-cooled, here are the radiators.

Here is a shot of the whole trunk. Those are Bazooka 10" woofers in the floor.

The cruise control didn't work, so I made a radio remote control out of it.

I have dual altenators on it.

We added dual volt meters to keep track of both systems.

I added the overhead console, and a custom made 5" flip down screen.

I also added a screen in the upper dash.

The car has been in USACi SQ competition the last couple of years, won National SQ points champion, and was featured in the May issue of Car Audio and Electronics.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Have to say, Nice Job, I like the trunk, I 've been wanting to redo mine and make it look bit more professorial.

A+++

But you oughta clean those headlights up and put some clear corners on it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks for all of the great comments!!!!!
this is actually the second install...
we have a Pioneer DEH-P940MP for the head unit. Bazooka 6 1/2" components. 6 1/2" in custom kicks, and the tweeters are mounted at the bottom corner of the A-pillar. There is a set of ClifDesigns tweeters in teh defroster vents on each door. These tweeters have thier own volume knob on the console, so i can adjust them before each show (depending judges)
The bazooka mid amp is 65x4 and runs the mids and highs, teh sub amp is 500x1 and runs the three 10" woofers. The amps and the subs are liquid-cooled. I found a liquid used for cooling that does NOT conduct electricity, it runs through the cooling system. I have a switch bank hidden in the ash try. switches for cooling fans, neon, liqiod cooling and some other SQ secrets are in there. We entered 23 car stereo SQ competitions in 2005 and won 23 1st place trophies and 8 Best of Show awards. we are building her one last time, then my son will probably get the car. she is sitting at just over 200,000 all original 3.5.

I wanted to show it off before rebuilding. Everything will ripped out by this weekend. A whole new install is going in.
the kit was built by me, the kicks by my wife and daughter. the trunk was built by my wife and i. My son and i laid over 1000 feet of wire accross the floor (forgot that pic!)

thanx again, if you guys have any questions feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]

see ya

rob

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you guys like it that much, you would probably cringe this morning. The trunk was completly gutted last night. we are doing something different.

thanks again

rob

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
The liquid-cooling kit is offered by Bazooka, and can be purchased for use on just about all of thier amps and subs (with proper hardware). I got the fluid from a computer acc company, but cannot remember the name of it now.

it was a neat idea I am trying to figure out how to use it with a Massive Audio amplifier?!?

If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me [email protected]

see ya

rob

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
wow is all i have to say. tasteful customization without going overboard. i love it!!

im in love with the rear view mirror voltage readers. how did you do such mod?

·
get off my lawn
15,505 Posts
as much as im not to crazy about sound systems,, Im VERY Impressed,,,
nice and clean,,, got me wanting to do something to the special.....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Memphis Car Audio has a voltage guage designed to be plugged into thier fuse blocks. I picked up a couple, dismantled them and wired them into the car.

The mirror work didn't turn out as good as i wanted. I popped the glass out of the case, and sanded down the area i wanted the guages in. Then i built a little "bulge" onto the back of the mirror to protect the citcuitry for the meters.

My favorite trick to the car is teh Steering wheel remote. I have even found a way to add this trick, WITH working cruise, if anyone is ever interested(requires mini buttons on the rear of the cruise pods).

Since we are tearing down the car, I am gonna clean up my headlights, probably change out my cheesy intake and look into clear side markers.

rob

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
wow. cool. I might have to try that. if I suck at it I'm definatitly gonna be calling on you for help. so please stick around.

now I noticed you have 2 voltage meters. is one alt and other battery voltage?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts