DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kronan

No pics of my Intrepid just yet, they will come as soon as I develop my film.

My website has the mods for my Intrepid listed also it has Original Chrysler Specifications, Performance Information, and Engine Dyno's. Everything you need to know is there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re: Lowering springs

How do you like your lowering springs? $$?
Are they adjustable? Do you know if they are ok for the 2nd gen?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The springs are from Eibach, I don't think they make them for 2nd gen's.

They're not adjustables (not coilovers). I think if you want coilovers you'd have to get them custom made.

You can get adjustable shocks, from Koni, and Tokico, but they are $200 each Canadian, compared to my non-adjustable KYB's for $90 each Canadian.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just checked, Intrax makes lowering springs for 2nd gen's.

The drop is 1.8" in the front and 1.8" in the back.

I found them for $265 american

·
Registered
7 Posts
THANK YOU

Thank you very much! I am seriously considering this for an upgrade option. Appreciate your input.
Earlier, I was thinking about pulley upgrade on the engine, but decided not to mess with the drivetrain (Dont want to loose the extended warranty).

The springs though, seem like a viable option at a relatively low cost, since they are not covered by the warranty I might as well do the upgrade.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe a few 2nd gen owners have the springs, give them a shout and see what they say.

I'd be scared of a 1.8 inch drop. My car only dropped 1" and I come very close to hitting curbs when parking. Since your car is considerably longer than mine, I'd be weary of ramps, or inclined driveways/ parking lot exits and entrances..

My friend dropped his 91 4 door Integra 2", and he can't get outta his driveway without scraping the ground.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Ohhh, thats so sweet man :) So how much better does your car handle now? Are you happy with the kyb shocks?
I was seriously considdering 1.5 inch drop, but the 1" looks better than my stock look of massive wheel well gap :)
That and I can hear creaking going up my driveway, which is a decent incline, but nothing drastic, and I'm forced to back out on an gle because of the distance between my neighbor across my street *neighborhood* its a really nice one, but we're on an inlet in a court, so the proximity is fairly close. So I'm not worried about having to exit and enter on an angle, I don't have a choice! :)

Just let me know how much better/worse the ride is :)

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, you need to understand that I was driving the car around on 2 dead shocks and a damaged inner tie rod that cause about 3 inches of play in my front tire for 1 year.

So this was a massive improvement over the stock crap. The suspension is a bit stiffer, you feel bumps a little more, but they aren't very noticeable. The car corners very well. I haven't pushed my car to the limits because I have Leather seats, so everytime I take a hard corner I go sliding into the freakin' door.

The springs were $500 Canadian and the KYB GR-2 struts were $90 each Canadian. This compared to $200+ each for adjustable Koni's or Tokico's. Installation was $180 for 1 and 1/2 hours. And $80 for a wheel alignment (2 weeks after installation to allow the springs to settle). So $1120 canadian before taxes for everything done.

I would strongly recommend this upgrade to anyone who needs to repair their suspension. Stock Shock are about $279 Canadian each from the dealer, plus the cost of installation.

I love it, and I'm pretty sure you will too.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One more thing, if you get them, be weary of parking curbs. My front end will definitely scrape against them. However, if I back the car in the exhaust has just enough clearance for me to put the rear tires right up against the curb.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts