DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so it's 6:00 PM and it's supposed to start snowing anytime now, and continue for a day and a half. Wife had to take the kids to the doctor. We need a christmas tree. It's either get it today or wait like another week. Kids want it yesterday of course. Wife asks me to get a tree and tie it to my car. Now, I just traded in my LHS for a 04 Grand Prix GTP Comp G. I picked it up 6 days ago. I ask her if she is kidding. She gets upset with me for not getting the tree. She drives a Mazda Tribute with roof racks. WTF?!?!? IT'S 6 DAYS OLD!!! I'm not tieing a tree to my roof, are you out of your mind??!?!?!? She just doesn't understand...

·
Registered
429 Posts
It's a guy thing. Get the tree on the Tribute.
I went through the same thing Wednesday night. The tree went on my wifes car.

BTW, I think the weather man is in denial. Tomorrow is supposed to be the heavy snow day here and it's been blizard conditions since 11:00AM this morning. The roads are horrible. Hide the Grand Prix from this stuff until at least Monday or Tuesday

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am only 50 miles north of you and it just startd snowing...I spent the morning putting the chains and plow on the tractor....now I want it to snow alot :)

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
It's a chevy just tie it to the roof!!!! It's not like it's an INTREPID !!!!:p ;)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Jumped in the Wife's Explorer this afternoon and picked up some leather for the snow covered Canoe [Nice 4.5 hr lunch break]. This would be the very same Explorer that will P/U the Christmas Tree.

We've already got 5-6 inches and it's still falling! Changed the oil in the snow blower last weekend ...can't wait for the morning!!!

Be careful out there folks!

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Jus' Trepping said:
It's a chevy just tie it to the roof!!!! It's not like it's an INTREPID !!!!:p ;)
No, it's a Pontiac. :p

BTW, I hate artificial trees, but they sure as hell are easier.

·
Registered
381 Posts
We went through this a few years back. It was a bit worse though. We had just bought our trep, an acura legend and a pick up truck. Our son was in a carseat which means the could not ride in the back seats of our truck (it was an S10 ext cab). I refused to strap a tree to the top of the Trep and she insisted that we must ALL go to pick up the tree. I naturally proposed that I drive the truck to haul the tree back and she take the car and the problem solved (the tree place was just a few miles away). That was not acceptable, we HAD to all ride together to go to the tree place or it would not be a "FAMILY" thing. After much to-do, we ended up driving the acura and strapping the tree to the top of the Legend. Tell me how that made any sense?

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Jus' Trepping said:
It Should have said: It's a GM, and eventually the roof paint will just flake off so just tie it to the roof!!!! It's not like it's an INTREPID !!!!:p ;)

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
IntrepidDude said:
It's a guy thing. Get the tree on the Tribute.
I went through the same thing Wednesday night. The tree went on my wifes car.

BTW, I think the weather man is in denial. Tomorrow is supposed to be the heavy snow day here and it's been blizard conditions since 11:00AM this morning. The roads are horrible. Hide the Grand Prix from this stuff until at least Monday or Tuesday
No it's a she's got a thing about him buying that new car....

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
G'ah!

Dont do it man.... btw, nice car.

·
Registered
369 Posts
lhs99 said:
OK, are you out of your mind??!?!?!? She just doesn't understand...
Why should your wife be different from all the rest.

·
Registered
458 Posts
wow, nice car. you definitely dont want to mess that thing up.
do whatever it takes.......go rent a pickup truck for the day if you have to or something; just dont scratch up that nice GTP :eek: :eek: :crazy:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Go on and use the Tribute. She'll get over it.

I picked my tree up last week. I just got my Vision but I waited to sell my old Ford Probe until I picked up the tree.

That was a really nice thing about the Probe. If you laid down the back sea and took the hatch cover of the back seat you could fit an entire 6 -7 foot tree in there. The best part is watching the other people stare in amazement while you open up the hatch on your two door car and put the tree right on in.

Still trying to ficure out how to pull this of with my Vision. I have a canoe and a kayak so I'll probaly have to put a roof rack on anyway.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Fargo said:
Go on and use the Tribute. She'll get over it.

I picked my tree up last week. I just got my Vision but I waited to sell my old Ford Probe until I picked up the tree.

That was a really nice thing about the Probe. If you laid down the back sea and took the hatch cover of the back seat you could fit an entire 6 -7 foot tree in there. The best part is watching the other people stare in amazement while you open up the hatch on your two door car and put the tree right on in.

Still trying to ficure out how to pull this of with my Vision. I have a canoe and a kayak so I'll probaly have to put a roof rack on anyway.

You put the tree INSIDE the car???? :confused:

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Some people just don't understand. I'm with you on the put nothing on the paint, not a tree, not a drink, not any tools, nothing. Oh and don't lean on it either.

Even my true beater cars I try to teach my kids to respect paint.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Fargo said:

That was a really nice thing about the Probe. If you laid down the back sea and took the hatch cover of the back seat you could fit an entire 6 -7 foot tree in there.
I used to do the same thing with my first gen RX7, pop the hatch and drop a seat and I could get massive amounts of stuff in there and people would stare at me like I had three heads as I would pull off.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts