DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While DI.net was down my wife and I bought a new toy.

2004 Chevy Monte Carlo SS Supercharged
Black with Black interior. 16K miles.

So far we love it.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stock04Intrepid said:
Looks very nice Don. What car is it replacing?
None. We are keeping them all.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sweet. I've always liked the styling of the new Monte (although the original is a classic IMNSHO). How's the performance? Have you dragged with her in the 300 yet ;)

Axle, you can't put a turbo on something already supercharged, can you?

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Nice ride Don :fun_08: Keep it clean!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
One of the guys I was in CPR clas with the other day had a new one as well...his was I guess the Jeff Gordon special edition or something. It had a 24 with jeffs signature badge on the side, 24 embroydered head rests...sharp looking car.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
dcarr66 said:
Axle, you can't put a turbo on something already supercharged, can you?
In general, yes, you can. In this specific application, you ditch the supercharger for the turbocharger.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Many 6V92 Detroit Diesel Allison engines came from the factory with both.

Not common fron the factory but it is commont to have two power adders in the racing scene.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Axle said:
In general, yes, you can. In this specific application, you ditch the supercharger for the turbocharger.
DScruggs said:
Not common fron the factory but it is commont to have two power adders in the racing scene.
Ya' learn something new every day - that's why I love DI.net!

·
Registered
415 Posts
You just must remmeber your turbo will be feeding the super charger. In the early 90's Toyota did it with teh MR-2. After they got the idleing down pat, the car was fing scary.

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
Minagera said:
You just must remmeber your turbo will be feeding the super charger. In the early 90's Toyota did it with teh MR-2. After they got the idleing down pat, the car was fing scary.
Actually, it was HKS who made a "twin charger" package for the 88-89 4AGZE MKIs. However, it's a whole lot easier and many will argue the end result will be faster with just a turbo...

·
Registered
415 Posts
agreed, more fuel, more air, bigger turbo. Basically you can make anything go.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Turbos are far to inconsistent to use in the bracket racing scene. Supers are consistent as hell.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts