DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally was able to add the wing to my trep and I am getting alot of looks while driving down rivers avenue in north charleston, plus I have a pic of my sidepipes and how they were installed which I will get on here as soon as I can cropp the pic.

Now, I like to know if anyone can recommend a hood scoop for my car. I am sort of leaning towards the old style blower hood scoop from the late 60's but I am open for suggestions.:) :)

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
ill bet you could get a good laugh as someone hops out of your backseat after a nice long roadtrip and they start dancing around from the heat...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the pipes actually work, I had a customer job done to my side pipes and nobody seats in the back even if they did, the pipes are situated so noone can get burned.

And in regards to the spoiler, it was a special order from where I take my car to have improvement done on it. I am still considering painting but that has not been formalized has of yet.

And to answer a question that has not been asked, why did I put sidepipes on? Frankly. I wanted to be different and I see so many cars look the same and I do not feel I want to have a car that looks like a clone not to say that others intrepids are not beautiful and they are but I wanted to be unique.

Thank you for the nice compliments.

·
Registered
458 Posts
i like the sidepipes too, i think it really sets it apart from most other LH cars.
i would suggest a nice pair of lund/eclipse medium hood scoops (i have them on my car). you can get them on ebay for like $50-$60 shipped

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
those pipes would look even more sick if you had some kind of side skirt made to incorperate them in, but other then that. me likey

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have thought about that but, I like the chrome should I ever get chrome rims<which are doubtful..too expensive> I want it shine in the sunlight.

btw, your car is engine comparment looks great.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
thanx for the compliment wind, the lettering looks a little teal in the picture but its more blue in real life. what kind of chrome rims are you looking at? 5 spoke? lol im like a 5 spoke junky

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
something that wont break my bank or credit card. I have looked rims in the discount auto stores some are nice but I was thinking of having my rims painting black or black with yellow inserts. and I am looking for the old style blower scoops from the late 60's.

If you are old enough to remember the super bee or the charger from the late 60's the intrepid bears some kind or resemblence to that car in my eyes.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
wind, i bought my rims from e-bay cheaper than anyplace i could have bought them new locally, plus, they have a good selection, and it always changes

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
i paid 300 bucks shipped for these guys last week:

you can find tons of good deals on ebay for both the hood scoop you're looking for and a decent set of rims.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
wow, I like those..I will pay you 301.00 for those but can you make them with green shading instead of the copper? LOL

just kidding..they are nice. I wonder if any photoshop king or queen could add a scoop to my car for me? I am learning more towards the old style blower hood from the late 60's and would like to see what it would look like before hand. And the opening faces towards me.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
wind, you can buy a set of rims, have them powdercoated any color you wish, and have under $700 invested in custom rims, with custom color

1 - 20 of 21 Posts