DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just saw them dump bleach into gas tank and it caused car to die. they cleaned the gas tank and then dumped liquid drano. car ran perfectly. then the put sugar into the gas tank and car still ran fine with no stalling. cool show or what. the bleach caused the tank to rust very quickly.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
they also put raw egg in a radiator with a pin hole leak and it freaking plugged it.... i watch mythbusters alot. theres a site that has alot of epidodes to watch streaming. google it bc im feeling lazy lol

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just saw that before the commercial. they put a egg in there but they showed the fluid coming out of the radiator. since u said it plugs it i want to see that. lolol. yea snowy here so im lazy also so watching it now. thanx. its a great show. been watching it for a while now

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I watch mythbusters every week religiously. For us engineering types, there's no cooler show on TV. I just wish discovery would start showing it on HD theater.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just saw that before the commercial. they put a egg in there but they showed the fluid coming out of the radiator. since u said it plugs it i want to see that. lolol. yea snowy here so im lazy also so watching it now. thanx. its a great show. been watching it for a while now. lolol what a way to make scrambled eggs. lolol. they also put in mothballs. it increased gas octane.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I love Mythbusters!

One thing that irked me about the egg in the radiator though...I have a feeling it all congealed and blocked the radiator up before the leak. This would stop coolant flow and make it seem as if the leak was fixed. Since they blew up the engine shortly after there was really no way to tell.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Pepper in the radiator will stop a pin hole leak as well.

Witnessed my father employ that trick on a Cordoba he was going to fix up.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Had an OLD mechanic tell me when I was in High school that they used to clean valves by pouring slowly uncooked rice down the carb throat(!) while the engine was running. Polished up the intake and the valves and seats,all at the same time. Shot the rice out the tailpipe!
HOWEVER---that was on old flat head style of engines. He said he didn't know if it would work on these "new" ('60's) V-8's...
Similiar to using walnut shells to clean running jet engines...
Heard of that pepper trick, too...

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
00r/t.mopar.muscle said:
I watch mythbusters every week religiously. For us engineering types, there's no cooler show on TV. I just wish discovery would start showing it on HD theater.
Agreed :smilie_st

·
Registered
472 Posts
95LHS said:
I love Mythbusters!

One thing that irked me about the egg in the radiator though...I have a feeling it all congealed and blocked the radiator up before the leak. This would stop coolant flow and make it seem as if the leak was fixed. Since they blew up the engine shortly after there was really no way to tell.
Actually, while out in the deep woods moose hunting last fall on of my buddies sprung a small leak....he made it over 80km back to civilizaton with no apparent damage after using an egg to plug the whole.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Wallnut shells in a jet engine?!?

Highly doubtful it would do anything besides destroy the compressor section............

How do I know? I've seen a sparrow destroy a running jet engine, and thier bones are pretty small and brittle......I'm an aviation technician among other things.

Now, if you're talking centrifugal instead of axial flow, then maybe..........

Cheers

BJ

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Hah, I remember changing the battery fondly. The leaking gas also brought back memories :(

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
I enjoy the chick on there (Carrie?) she is pretty damn fine if you ask me!!

·
Registered
3,718 Posts

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
shadowvox6 said:
I enjoy the chick on there (Carrie?) she is pretty damn fine if you ask me!!
Kari is fine as hell! Not to mention the fact that I love a girl who doesn't mind working with her hands. Did you see her in Maxim??

1 - 20 of 30 Posts