DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have A/C and some of you don't! na na nana na! :cool: :D :cool: :D

Woohoo I fixed my A/C today! Just in time for the heat wave this weekend!

Just thought I'd let everyone know, and brag about it a little bit. :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Hey you would never guess, I looked up
the defintion of Mopar4U in the Dictionary
and I found:

Mo-par4-U:Evil mean bastard!

I learn a new word everyday....

:)

A/C is nice isnt it :) Now I said that it will probably poop out on me :)

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hey mopar hope you enjoy since i live in florida and my crap is out

it seems to be leaking maybe you can tell the problem was with youres it could be possibly be the same as mine thanks

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine was fairly simple. I did have a leak about two years ago, not sure where though. This year I finally go off my fat ass 3/4 into this hot summer and decided to do something about it. About 5 months ago I still had the belt on my non working a/c compressor, well take make a long story short the clutch bearing seized. Luckily my wife's uncle is a mechanic at a dodge dealership and he scored me a used compressor and clutch (I won't tell you costs but I'll give you one guess). So I put that on and he took my car in to the dealership and installed oil, dye and freon (once again, I won't tell you costs but I'll give you one more guess). So I am hoping that the old compressor may of had the original leak because I put new o-rings (which is a common leak failure in the LH series cars) on the 2 lines that connect to the compressor. So now it works and if it does leak I will be able to pick that up with the dye he installed, but I should at least get through the summer. Tell me what problems you have with your A/C. I know there is a little switch that is located by that tube next to the radiator that commonly goes south. I know they had problems with the condensors which is under the dash.

·
Registered
220 Posts
its 91 and Humid here today... My A/C works too :p

The Condensor and Evaporator went over a year ago, Chrysler sprung for the new Evaparator, I paid for the condensor...

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
ATF, how much extra HP did it give? just a rough estimate.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Disconnecting the AC will produce less drag on the crank, so your probably looking at a 1-5hp gain, depending on conditions.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
5hp... hmmmm. Interesting... Might try it when it cools down a bit, I need the AC for now, :D oooooh sorry LHSer :)

·
Dain bramaged
7,212 Posts
this is why i had them service the A/C in my 95 trep before i bought the damned thing.. they put in a new condenser *one outta 2000 model if i member correctly* and the mofo is cold as hell.. ;)

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hey ATF i dont mind the ac anymore i have been used to it not working for a long time. that i dont care to fix it anymore so can you tell me a way to disconnect it. like you said

·
Registered
220 Posts
I dont know what they do differently in the LH cars, but these cars have the coldest damn A/C I have ever experenced in a car before. All my friends call my car the "Freezer" cause I like it cold and it gets there in a hurry :D

·
Registered
502 Posts
Yep..LHSer is right in both cases. Just take off the belt.

I did it because I was out of freon and it was useless anyway (my lines leak, they're all green).

I also had a slight issue with the compressor kicking in when the A/C wasn't even on. Sometimes at the worst moment, like on an on-ramp, or passing someone. I just had to gun it that much harder to make up for the drop in HP. it sucked, so I ditched the system.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Originally posted by LHSer:
Looks like I might have to make a trip to Michigan and whoop some English butt. :)
Come on!! I'll take ya on!!! :)

Oh by the way, I HAVE A/C ALSO!!!!!! :) hahahahahaha

Sorry...sugar high.. :)

I only use the A/C on really, really hot and humid days. I like to have the windows, and moon roof, open for the whole world to hear my stereo!!! :)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
LOL LHSer :)

Considering the UK is banned from several Euro contries due to Soccer violence do you think its wise to try? :)

;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts