DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have A/C and some of you don't! na na nana na! :cool: :D :cool: :D

Woohoo I fixed my A/C today! Just in time for the heat wave this weekend!

Just thought I'd let everyone know, and brag about it a little bit. :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Hey you would never guess, I looked up
the defintion of Mopar4U in the Dictionary
and I found:

Mo-par4-U:Evil mean bastard!

I learn a new word everyday....

:)

A/C is nice isnt it :) Now I said that it will probably poop out on me :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine was fairly simple. I did have a leak about two years ago, not sure where though. This year I finally go off my fat ass 3/4 into this hot summer and decided to do something about it. About 5 months ago I still had the belt on my non working a/c compressor, well take make a long story short the clutch bearing seized. Luckily my wife's uncle is a mechanic at a dodge dealership and he scored me a used compressor and clutch (I won't tell you costs but I'll give you one guess). So I put that on and he took my car in to the dealership and installed oil, dye and freon (once again, I won't tell you costs but I'll give you one more guess). So I am hoping that the old compressor may of had the original leak because I put new o-rings (which is a common leak failure in the LH series cars) on the 2 lines that connect to the compressor. So now it works and if it does leak I will be able to pick that up with the dye he installed, but I should at least get through the summer. Tell me what problems you have with your A/C. I know there is a little switch that is located by that tube next to the radiator that commonly goes south. I know they had problems with the condensors which is under the dash.

·
Dain bramaged
7,864 Posts
this is why i had them service the A/C in my 95 trep before i bought the damned thing.. they put in a new condenser *one outta 2000 model if i member correctly* and the mofo is cold as hell.. ;)

·
Registered
230 Posts
I dont know what they do differently in the LH cars, but these cars have the coldest damn A/C I have ever experenced in a car before. All my friends call my car the "Freezer" cause I like it cold and it gets there in a hurry :D

·
Registered
535 Posts
Yep..LHSer is right in both cases. Just take off the belt.

I did it because I was out of freon and it was useless anyway (my lines leak, they're all green).

I also had a slight issue with the compressor kicking in when the A/C wasn't even on. Sometimes at the worst moment, like on an on-ramp, or passing someone. I just had to gun it that much harder to make up for the drop in HP. it sucked, so I ditched the system.

·
Registered
18,091 Posts
Originally posted by LHSer:
Looks like I might have to make a trip to Michigan and whoop some English butt. :)
Come on!! I'll take ya on!!! :)

Oh by the way, I HAVE A/C ALSO!!!!!! :) hahahahahaha

Sorry...sugar high.. :)

I only use the A/C on really, really hot and humid days. I like to have the windows, and moon roof, open for the whole world to hear my stereo!!! :)

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
LOL LHSer :)

Considering the UK is banned from several Euro contries due to Soccer violence do you think its wise to try? :)

;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.