DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have A/C and some of you don't! na na nana na! :cool: :D :cool: :D

Woohoo I fixed my A/C today! Just in time for the heat wave this weekend!

Just thought I'd let everyone know, and brag about it a little bit. :cool: :cool:

· Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine was fairly simple. I did have a leak about two years ago, not sure where though. This year I finally go off my fat ass 3/4 into this hot summer and decided to do something about it. About 5 months ago I still had the belt on my non working a/c compressor, well take make a long story short the clutch bearing seized. Luckily my wife's uncle is a mechanic at a dodge dealership and he scored me a used compressor and clutch (I won't tell you costs but I'll give you one guess). So I put that on and he took my car in to the dealership and installed oil, dye and freon (once again, I won't tell you costs but I'll give you one more guess). So I am hoping that the old compressor may of had the original leak because I put new o-rings (which is a common leak failure in the LH series cars) on the 2 lines that connect to the compressor. So now it works and if it does leak I will be able to pick that up with the dye he installed, but I should at least get through the summer. Tell me what problems you have with your A/C. I know there is a little switch that is located by that tube next to the radiator that commonly goes south. I know they had problems with the condensors which is under the dash.

· Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I wouldn't take off your A/C belt unless your A/C does not work or you don't want it. If you do want to remove the belt you have to take off the serpantine (spelling??) belt as well. Easy 5 minute job to do both, simpy loosen both belt tensioners as well as the 2 pully nuts.

I also think if your really serious about gaining every little bit of HP and you remove your belt, you might as well remove your compressor. All that would take is to remove the 4 bolts holding it to the engine block. Remove the 2 A/C lines from the compressor as well. There is a little weight to them compressors.

· Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
FYI,
When you do have someone fill your system have them put dye in it. I just had mine filled with dye and I found 2 pin hole leakes in the A/C radiator. Looked like snot bubbles coming out of the front of the radiator. Easy fix. You can also use a black light to spot leaks.

[ August 06, 2001: Message edited by: Mopar4U ]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.