DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
00 2nd gen 3.2

the arrows at the top are pointing towards a sensor looking thing. there was a hose attatched. the hose broke and is laying below the sensor.

BONUS POINTS!!!!!

who can give me advice on why theres a wet spot on that part towards the bottom?

EXTRA BONUS POINTS!!

what is the name of that part?

i gave the haynes manual to the guy i sold my last 2nd gen to.

IM HURTIN NOW! LOL

winner gets my thanks, rep, and a promise of ----your choice of---

1. ice cream and a cd,
2. value meal and lottery ticket,
3. a 12 pack of your choice (half is mine of course)

IF your ever near fort drum ny!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
well, I'm going to say that the wet spot on the front of the engine is oil, wait looked at the pic wrong

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Is that the pcv valve an the wet spot is condensation from it not being sealed anymore.
yep, your right, the hose on teh back is the PCV valve

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey ding ding ding lol

EVERYONE IS A WINNER!

just come by any time to claim your prizes.

really though thanks for the info. i thought that was a pcv valve by looking at it. had no idea what the thing on the front was.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Do you have a copy of the FSM? if not, I can send you a copy

·
Registered
946 Posts
Really to tell u the truth I found both actually the part in the front of the manifold in my haynes manual that was beside my comp. The other one I have replaced already in my own car.

·
Registered
946 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i wonder what can happen if its bad?

who knows how long its been weeping... assuming thats what the stain is...

im assuming its oil around it. i wiped my finger in it and smelled it and it could be oil.

who knows.

gotta love 1300$ treps!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
the thing that you have the green arrows to isn't the MTV, the MTV is the thing with the thing that is up a bit higher with the little bubble/metal globe thing on it

·
Registered
946 Posts
the thing that you have the green arrows to isn't the MTV, the MTV is the thing with the thing that is up a bit higher with the little bubble/metal globe thing on it
What thing are we talking about again???^^^^^ Dane if u have a haynes manual ( I could be wrong) I just seen in the book on page 6-24 fig 15.5a it points where he was pointing with the green arrows. idk in the haynes there calling that thing just above it a short runner valve actuator. idk see for yourself if u have the book.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts

ok, wait I have myself crossed here a bit, but the thing in blue is the SRV, and the one in green is the MTV. So speep had it correctly named lol

·
Registered
66 Posts
There is jst an o-ring behind the MTV put I was unable to find the correct one. The dealer didn't show it as being a separate part and said they could only get the entire manifold. Also my father had a 2002 Intrepid 3.5 that did not have the valve but it leaked. The dealer changed the entire intake under warranty.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,763 Posts
Yes, at least around here, the MTV o-ring is not sold separate -- bastards. You can remove the MTV and re-seal it using the old O-ring and coating it with RTV sealant and it works perfectly. Its very common for them to leak oil.

·
Registered
946 Posts

ok, wait I have myself crossed here a bit, but the thing in blue is the SRV, and the one in green is the MTV. So speep had it correctly named lol
O ok for sec. I was doubting myself maybe I had it wrong. O well all figured out now.

Yes, at least around here, the MTV o-ring is not sold separate -- bastards. You can remove the MTV and re-seal it using the old O-ring and coating it with RTV sealant and it works perfectly. Its very common for them to leak oil.
Really??? I hope not cuz I do not want to buy another manifold an/or have to tear into this thing now. Prob. in the future I will soo oo well.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,763 Posts
Really??? I hope not cuz I do not want to buy another manifold an/or have to tear into this thing now. Prob. in the future I will soo oo well.
About 80% will. Every one Ive seen with some miles on it does. Mine started around 30K miles.

Its only a 15 minute fix as long as the oil flowing onto the radiator hose didnt destroy it. Just remove the MTV valve, clean the valve, the O-ring, and the hole, and reinstall using a coat of RTV grey sealant on the O-ring. As long as the O-ring isnt torn up, it can be re-used. Last I knew the dealer only sold the O-ring with a new MTV valve, so unless you want to blow the $80 or so for the valve, reuse the old O-ring.

If the oil leak made the upper radiator hose all squishy then that needs to be replaced also, and you exceed the 15 minute time estimate.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts