DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body watching the NASCAR new's. About the (Car Of Tomorrow). Going to one car body for every one. I think its a mistake. The fun thing is brand loyalty Ford - Dodge - Chevy. Other wise it just watch IROC races week after week (Boring). I think Nascar needs to go back to its roots and make them run stock bodies. Just my two cents on the subject.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Yeah... the whole thing of calling them "stock cars" is lost on me. Probably wouldn't be very exciting but... if they were "showroom stock" the OEMs would pay more attention. Bring back the whole 'win on Sunday, sell on Monday' thing. Watching a NASCAR [insert brand here] has nothing to do with the vehicle you can buy.

·
Registered
562 Posts
They want to build a safer car huh? Well, if they are all the same then they will all be in one big group for the most part. That's not safer, thats stupider. Look at the restrictor plate races. I agree that they should go back to something atleast resembling a stock body. That's why I am starting to prefer local dirt track racing. Nothing but grass roots, balls to the walls racing.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
I really don't like NASCAR racing. I actually prefer Ralley racing. In part because they race on different surface types. In part because the "track" is more challenging instead of just going in circles. And in part because the cars that are used look a lot like the cars on the show room floor. Granted most of those cars can only be bought in Europe. Ralley racing is what turned me on to the EVO. I saw it, did some research on the floor room version, and said I need one. I still want to get one, as soon as my wallet lets me.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yeah... the whole thing of calling them "stock cars" is lost on me
I thought I was the only one :).
Looking at the cars on the track nowadays, the only thing that helps me tell a Chevy apart from a Dodge is that Chevy is sponsored by brand A and Dodge is sponsored by brand X.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
SPOOK R/T said:
Any body watching the NASCAR new's. About the (Car Of Tomorrow). Going to one car body for every one. I think its a mistake. The fun thing is brand loyalty Ford - Dodge - Chevy. Other wise it just watch IROC races week after week (Boring). I think Nascar needs to go back to its roots and make them run stock bodies. Just my two cents on the subject.

NEWS FLASH....

The current cars use most of the same body templates also. The only real differences are the nose and tail. The "car of tommorow" is more about a larger,safer car with more drag to allow better racing at a lower cost(if thats ever going to happen). The new cars will have unique noses and tails also. Running stock production cars will never work. Can you imagine the problems with the Charger with its flat nose. The nascar version picks up trash like a vacum. The stock version would need to pit every two laps to clean the nose. The Charger would have a tough time keepng up to the pace car.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Ya thats Dumb...I was never really a nascar type...I like Lemans type with GT2,GT3,prototype......I like watching that from time...Indy is a little more exciting bc of the accidents, But street racing and Drag racing Rules them all Hands Down!!!!!

Jay

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
yea, the "stock car" part is long gone, at this point they might as well jsut make all the bodies the same and make nascar even mroe boring than driving in circles for 500 miles

·
Registered
107 Posts
I love any kind of racing including NASCAR. Even though i see your point. The restrictor plate thing kind of sucks but i doint think that will last. The drivers, the owners, and the fans all dont like it so what is the point. I know they say it is safer butpeople are starting to realize it is causing more problems. They really make it so the shitty drivers have a better chance of keeping up. What ever happens i still love the sport (i know a lot of you dont think its a sport) and i will try to adapt to the changes.

·
Registered
57 Posts
We will see what happens, like osneone mentioned they are almost identical now. I just can't handle watching a whole race "waiting for the big one" I am so tired of that. Let them race and pass and maybe the big one would not happen. Sorry for venting. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts