DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you guys heard the rumors of Toyota (?) wanting in NASCAR???

WTF?!?!

This'll prolly turn into a piss on import thread, but oh well.:) :confused:

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
I haven't heard that.... then again.... I really don't pay attention to Nascar.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have heard this also............
Then everybody will be angry cause Nascar will kiss there ass for the first few years....

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Toyota has been running Celicas in NASCAR's Dash series for a couple of years now. In my opinion it is just a matter of time before the politics are worked out for them to move up to higher profile divisions like Trucks, Busch or Cup.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
The rumor is that the Camry body will soon be large enough for NASCAR. Anyone else notice how that little car has grown? Also, it is said Toyota has entered into talks with NASCAR officials regarding specs for fuel injection systems. I would expect to see a Camry in Winston Cup by 2006.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Paul's 96 Trep said:
Oh please.. that's all we need. first jap's on the roads to deal with.. slow pos's & now NASCAR too? just great!.
Nascar is going to loose some MAJOR fans if this happens. Leave it ALL-AMERICAN....DODGE, CHEVY, PONTIAC, FORD! They will take over Fords reins of being MAJOR CRYBABIES! .....they'll say..."AMERICAN CAR....TOO FAST"!

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Pepsi_24_fan said:

Nascar is going to loose some MAJOR fans if this happens. Leave it ALL-AMERICAN....DODGE, CHEVY, PONTIAC, FORD! They will take over Fords reins of being MAJOR CRYBABIES! .....they'll say..."AMERICAN CAR....TOO FAST"!

No they will gain fans. Toyota,Honda,Nissan have set up factories close to the heart of NASCAR. With the new trucks and SUV's they are bringing out. 2006 would be a great time to update NASCAR to fuel injection and some new teams(fuel injection would be easy to control just hand out certified injectors to each team at each race).

No one complained when the Germans got involved in NASCAR. It just helped add to the sport. The only problem is that Toyota is making soo much money, They will have very deep pockets and the current teams may have a tough time.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I responded to this type of thread before.. From inside sources(father-in law is an engineer for Toyota)...Yes Toyota is building a Nascar program. The problem is trying to get Nascar to allow f.i. in the cars. "When" Toyota goes in, you will see the Newman/Haus toyota indy team build a nascar team....That is who does the R/D for TRD on their racing engine program.

·
Registered
135 Posts
VISION1 said:
I responded to this type of thread before.. From inside sources(father-in law is an engineer for Toyota)...Yes Toyota is building a Nascar program. The problem is trying to get Nascar to allow f.i. in the cars. "When" Toyota goes in, you will see the Newman/Haus toyota indy team build a nascar team....That is who does the R/D for TRD on their racing engine program.
Rice is pussy cars and has NO BUSINESS IN NASCAR...Oh and by the way....DODGE IS AN AMERICAN NAME...WHO CARES IF GERMANS OWN THEM...... BETTER THAN A DAMN RICE BURNER!:wink:

·
Registered
135 Posts
adaptabl said:

No they will gain fans. Toyota,Honda,Nissan have set up factories close to the heart of NASCAR. With the new trucks and SUV's they are bringing out. 2006 would be a great time to update NASCAR to fuel injection and some new teams(fuel injection would be easy to control just hand out certified injectors to each team at each race).

No one complained when the Germans got involved in NASCAR. It just helped add to the sport. The only problem is that Toyota is making soo much money, They will have very deep pockets and the current teams may have a tough time.
I still consider DODGE to be an AMERICAN name! Daimler and Chrysler are in partnership.It wasn't a TOTAL buy out like everyone want you to believe...or else Daimler would have DISMANTLED Chrysler a while ago. Oh and with the FUEL INJECTION thing.....Why should we change for them....make them change. YOU DAMN "RICE" LOVER!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Maverick9110E said:
wow all this info i actually agree with even if you do like gordon...
Thanks....Oh and Gordon WON BIG at BRISTOL!!!! Robbie Gordon is the BIGGEST WHINEY ass I have ever heard....He knew what he was doing...and to do it during a CAUTION!!!! I hope JIMMIE JOHNSON kicks ROBBIE'S ASS!

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
The germans are in Nascar, WTF??? Man I haven't watched Nascar in a LONG time, so who's in Mercedes or BMW? I can't think of any other German brands right now. Oh and if you're talking about Dodge, I STILL consider them a 100% American company :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Avenger said:
The germans are in Nascar, WTF??? Man I haven't watched Nascar in a LONG time, so who's in Mercedes or BMW? I can't think of any other German brands right now. Oh and if you're talking about Dodge, I STILL consider them a 100% American company :)
Damn STRAIGHT!!!!!!!! I TOTALLY AGREE!

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Avenger said:

You may consider them American, But they are German. Just another global company. Wake up......

1 - 20 of 22 Posts