DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
97 intrepid 3.2 83,000 miles, taken good care of.

ok so went on a <10 minute drive, walk back out to my car and i have a pool of coolant under my car and minimal smoke coming from the hood. took a look at it best i could and this is what i saw. the coolant appears to have sprayed from the front of the engine backwards to just past the oil pan. my thoughts are either water pump or coolant hose decided to burst or disconnect. im living at an apartment and my tools are about 30 minutes away. i have a bit of experience with engines and im not afraid to work on any part of it myself.

my car used to burn off coolant to the point that it would overheat/loose almost all coolant 2 times a year. replaced some hoses and this hasn't been an issue for the last year and a half

input/ideas/suggestions/comforting words would be greatly appreciated

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,841 Posts
Which side of the engine is it coming from? Could be a hole in the radiator or a radiator hose if its directly in front of the engine Also your car has to be at least a 98, they didnt offer the 3.2 in 97.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which side of the engine is it coming from? Could be a hole in the radiator or a radiator hose if its directly in front of the engine Also your car has to be at least a 98, they didnt offer the 3.2 in 97.

3.5*

from what i remember it was almost dead center maybe slightly to the pass. side its to dark now to go look tho

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,841 Posts
Most likely its coming from the radiator or the upper hose. Theres not much else over on that side. There might be a pinhole in the radiator.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Most likely its coming from the radiator or the upper hose. Theres not much else over on that side. There might be a pinhole in the radiator.
x2 on the upper rad hose. It goes from the top-center of the engine to the passenger side - under the hood latch/core support bracing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts