DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After talking with a Lake Lure police officer, I figured I would report what I was told. I don't know how this applies to the rest of the state, but this is for the Lake Lure/Chimney Rock/Hendersonville/Asheville area.

Officers do not have to be insight when "catching speeders"; sitting on the side of the road.

Officers do not have to turn on EMS lights when "speeding"; responding to call. This is dependent on department policy.

Officers do not have to show you the speed radar.

Asheville police are extremely corrupt. :poopoo:

All to officer's choice.
Tail light lenses must be red. No tint. However, some officers do not bother and let the inspection stations handle it.

Headlights can not have any blue hue to them. You will be pulled. It has to with EMS vehicles. You will also be pulled, resident or not, for blinding others; ie high beams on when they should be off.

Headlight covers, again, some officers won't bother unless it really affects the light output; resident or not.

There you go. So if you decide to visit this area, resident or not, be safe.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,842 Posts
Headlights can not have any blue hue to them. You will be pulled. It has to with EMS vehicles. You will also be pulled, resident or not, for blinding others; ie high beams on when they should be off.
Mine have a pretty good blue hue. Never been pulled or anything.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine have a pretty good blue hue. Never been pulled or anything.
Good to know, so maybe this is one of those things left to the officer's choice. Then again, it seems WNC is a world of its own compared to the rest of NC. I've seen vehicles, in Charlotte, blowing massive amounts of black smoke and not be pulled, where as here they are. No consistency. :glum:

I don't know how this applies to the rest of the state, but this is for the Lake Lure/Chimney Rock/Hendersonville/Asheville area.
:tongue:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Officers do not have to be insight when "catching speeders"; sitting on the side of the road.

Officers do not have to turn on EMS lights when "speeding"; responding to call. This is dependent on department policy.

Officers do not have to show you the speed radar.

Asheville police are extremely corrupt. :poopoo:
and i thought Cali laws were strict, we at least dont have shady cops aha, i know here the cop must have been in somewhat plain sight for when he decided to make the pull, (at least half the car visible) and they would never get away with not showing the radar, drive safe :spiders:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts