DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering a '98 Neon 2-door 5-speed with 125km's on it for $1500. Needs a windshield, brakes, and 2 tires to pass certification.

I've been trying to get a hold of this lady selling her '92 Integra with 115km on it all week.......$2000 cert and etested, and it comes with an extra set of rims and snow tires!

What else should I be considering being that $2k is my upper limit?

Rob

·
Registered
684 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Not much to go on there Rob.

I guess you are looking for a winter beater. I'll be the first to admit Japs make a great car but I'd be scared to buy a $2000 one. Obviously well used up and at that stage repairs can potentially cost more than the car.

Domestics are easier and cheaper to repair.

·
Registered
677 Posts
If I was looking for a beater-type car, I'd get an 80's Camaro/Firebird/Trans-Am/whatever old V8. A real classic piece of junk. Maybe I'd get a mullet too. :D

But since those are very good in snow etc... well... I don't know what I'd get on that budget... The Neon sounds fine enough. It's amazing how much car $2000 can buy when you think about it. There should be tons of cars to chose from which aren't too old or have too many miles.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not looking for something older than '95.....and not a Hyundai :p

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright........I think I'm giving up on the used car thing.......gonna get this instead:

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Man, I love the new Civics. Even the EX model or whatever would suit me fine. If I were buying a new vehicle I'm pretty sure that would be it. 30 city, 40 highway... can't beat the looks and performance for $17k!

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, the one I'd be looking at would be a replacement for my Laser......which is on it's last legs. Gonna use it as a trade in AFTER I negotiate the final price (which won't be sticker).......hoping to knock $1k off of sticker, get $1k for the Laser, and $500 grad discount (graduated 3 years ago), so it'll come to something like $15k CDN + taxes. BASE BASE BASE model '07 Civic coupe. <-- Starving student.....can't afford options.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Avenger said:
Alright........I think I'm giving up on the used car thing.......gonna get this instead:

This is the exact car I traded my 2000 Intrepid in for. (06 Civic EX coupe).(same colour too)

The car is an absolute blast to drive. It's quick, handles like a race car, is very well appointed (power locks, doors, cruise, moonroof, A/C, 340 Watt 7 speakers stereo with MP3/WMA capability, 4 wheel discs with anti-lock....) and it has a suprising amount of room inside. Even the trunk isn't bad for small car, and the rear seats fold down flat. Gas mileage is unbelievable. IMHO it's the best small car out there.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
boltuprite said:
It's quick, handles like a race car,.
Don't even go there......... I'm sure it handles OK but how many race cars have you driven to compare, and no , your neighbors' son CRX with primered bodykit doesn't count.

I apologize if I came across as harsh , but it's on statements like that, the ricer community feeds.

·
Registered
686 Posts
TERMINATOR101CA said:
Don't even go there......... I'm sure it handles OK but how many race cars have you driven to compare, and no , your neighbors' son CRX with primered bodykit doesn't count.

I apologize if I came across as harsh , but it's on statements like that, the ricer community feeds.
ha ha

try driving one then. Maybe poor choice of words but the suspension set-up, and the responsiveness of the steering is pretty tight.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
boltuprite said:
ha ha

try driving one then. Maybe poor choice of words but the suspension set-up, and the responsiveness of the steering is pretty tight.
I haven't driven one yet, but you can tell the suspension is tight by watching them go down the road, plus there's next to no wheelwell gap. They really did a nice job on the revamp for '06, got to love them.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I bought a 2006 Honda CivicEX in July to replace my stolen and burnt Toyota 4 Runner. Not a big fan of small cars, but I have to to admit I love this car. Its quick, handles great, quite roomy inside, and my gas bill has gone from 150.00 a week to 45.00.
But still does not compare to the drive or comfort of my Intrepid.

OLD:

NEW:

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Dayum !!!!!!!!! What the hell did they do to that poor Toyota BamBam ?
BTW I'd like to try the new Civic , but I just cannot convince myself to sit in one....too weird LOL, guess I'm too old fashion eh !! ;)

·
Registered
677 Posts
Argh, what's with the Civic-lovers? Has the world gone insane? I'll buy a Honda Civic when it's the only car available on the planet and even then I'd seriously look at public transportation.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Treppin99 said:
Argh, what's with the Civic-lovers? Has the world gone insane? I'll buy a Honda Civic when it's the only car available on the planet and even then I'd seriously look at public transportation.
youll learn someday

1 - 20 of 23 Posts