DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok im going to make this my official post on my gear with all my questions.

I got the 2000 Chrysler Concorde 2.7L without the premium audio.

So far I got this installed:

Headunit is a Sony CDX-MP80
Front door speakers are stock
Rear shelf speakers are 6.5" Kicker K60's

In the trunk I have two Kicker 12" L5's (05 version, 2ohm)
They are powered by a DEI 600D Mono amp.
They are wired in parallel so they are getting 600watts together under 1ohm resistance.

Also got a Rockford Fostage CPC1003 1Farad Capacitor w/ Digital readout.

All wiring is done with Rockford Fostage 4ga kit.

Battery is a Optima red top.

I want to upgrade my front door speakers and get a 4ch amp for them and the rears. The wiring I can do, no problem, but help me decide what speakers are good. Obviosuly I don't need any bass from them, only mids and highs. Then an 4ch amp ofcourse, the power range for the rear K60's is up to 100 watts I think but it could be lower, so maybe a 4x90 amp?

And ideas? Thanks in advance. :smiley_aa

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
I LOVE my infinity's! Components in the front, 6x9's in the rear with a 7541a amp! Just got a new JVC headunit too, and i couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'll second the CDT audio! If not check out Diamond or Rainbow. All make killer component sets.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Head to your local reputable stereo retailer, listen to everything worthwhile, choose what you want, then order them online for a much better price.

·
Registered
646 Posts
For an amp, check on ebay for an Infinity 7541a amp, ****er puts out 111watts RMS x4 channels, at 4 ohms. Nice features on it, it's actually what I'm ordering soon as I find my wallet on the floor under the desk :p

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Japy said:
For an amp, check on ebay for an Infinity 7541a amp, ****er puts out 111watts RMS x4 channels, at 4 ohms. Nice features on it, it's actually what I'm ordering soon as I find my wallet on the floor under the desk :p
I have that amp, you'll be happy with it. You can pick them up on ebay for around $160

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.