DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2000 Intrepid with the 2.7L v6. I was looking to do a few upgrades. I want to

1. Improve the sound of the car by upgrading exhausts possibly to the 300m special exhaust removing the resonator. I want to get the best sound out of the engine
2. make some power by either a supercharger or turbocharger. I know this can get out of hand with all the fabrication but its worth a shot
3. upgrade the computer, remove speed and rev limiters
4. add coilovers to lower the car even more, which i know its already pretty dang low already

one thing id like to do in the future is convert the car into awd.

any advice helps, thanks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
No one seems to make an after cat exhaust system so you're going to have to wing it. Don't go too much higher than stock on the exhaust pipe diameter or you'll lose low end torque. I'm partial to Magnaflow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No one seems to make an after cat exhaust system so you're going to have to wing it. Don't go too much higher than stock on the exhaust pipe diameter or you'll lose low end torque. I'm partial to Magnaflow.
A lot of people have created a dual exhaust platform, but I am very sure that the 2.7L model doesnt allow for it. What people have been doing is removing the resonator and replacing the mufflers to either magnaflow or Xlerator mufflers. the stock setup right now is resonator going through a cat converter going through one muffler out of a muffler tailpipe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts