DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Belle Tire to get some new tires and a alignment and they said something was bent or something and they couldn't align it correctly but the would align it so my tires wouldn't wear as fast. They gave me this paper which shows the before and after. All #'s are in degrees. Does anyone have any ideas. The car pulls to the left when driving and when i break it pulls hard as hell to the right. 2000 Dodge Intrepid.

Before Alignment

Front: Left
camber= Actual 0.9, Specified Range -0.6 0.6
caster= Actual 1.5, Specified Range 2.0 4.0
Toe= Actual 0.84, Specified Range -0.10 0.10
SAI=4.9
Included Angle=5.7

Front: Right
camber= Actual -1.1, Specified Range -0.6 0.6
caster= Actual 2.5, Specified Range 2.0 4.0
Toe= Actual 0.77, Specified Range -0.10 0.10
SAI=12.0
Included Angle=10.9

Front
Cross Camber= Actual 2.0, Specified Range -0.7 0.7
Cross Caster= Actual -1.0, Specified Range -1.0 1.0
Total Toe= Actual 1.61, Specified Range -0.20 0.20

After Alignment

Front: Left
camber= Actual 0.9, Specified Range -0.6 0.6
caster= Actual 1.5, Specified Range 2.0 4.0
Toe= Actual -0.02, Specified Range -0.10 0.10
SAI=4.8
Included Angle=5.7

Front: Right
camber= Actual -1.1, Specified Range -0.6 0.6
caster= Actual 2.5, Specified Range 2.0 4.0
Toe= Actual -0.02, Specified Range -0.10 0.10
SAI=12
Included Angle=10.9

Front
Cross Camber= Actual 2.0, Specified Range -0.7 0.7
Cross Caster= Actual -1.0, Specified Range -1.0 1.0
Total Toe= Actual 0.05, Specified Range -0.20 0.20

·
Woober Goobers!
50,349 Posts
And was the something really bent or something? They didn't offer to fix it with any parts/labor? From the looks of those two reports they took your money and went laughing to the cash register. They brought the toe into spec but the Camber is way off and the Caster is at the limit. Did they tell you what was bent? From the information you've given it sounds like you've pretty much thrown away your money. Has the car been in an accident? Are you a new recent owner? With the limited info you've given..it sounds like a lost cause...sorry.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it doesn't matter now cause they just stole it out of my driveway! I heard a loud noise and i looked out the kitchen window but didn't see anything and then i looked out the front window and seen a mini van parked in the middle of the street with the lights off. I quickly look out the side window and seen a guy in my car so i ran to the door and as soon as i opened it he pulled off in my car.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi. did you adjust by yourself? How can you do that?

My car also need to be adjusted, would like to DIY. Thanks.

·
Registered
603 Posts
rich2127 said:
Well it doesn't matter now cause they just stole it out of my driveway! I heard a loud noise and i looked out the kitchen window but didn't see anything and then i looked out the front window and seen a mini van parked in the middle of the street with the lights off. I quickly look out the side window and seen a guy in my car so i ran to the door and as soon as i opened it he pulled off in my car.

Ummmm it was stolen :)

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Camber's really off. Struts need to be adjusted with a cam bolt. My old caravan had camber issues also. The passenger side was so bad, that you could see the top of the tire was tilted out. A cam bolt doesn't look like a regular bolt that is round. The shank on it looks like a cam lobe to allow for extra adjustment that you can't normally do with a regular bolt.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
right on froggy camber pulls caster pushes,, notice caster is higher on the right also,, with the camber that high its gonna pull like heck to the left, on the second gen trepis you can adjust it up on the strut mount,, you do not have to change camber bolts,, its a bytch but ive done it,,, ohh sorry about having your car stolen,,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts