Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
need 300m dash with passenger airbag and driver door panel! CANADA

i just bought a 1999 300m with blown airbags. story is her little brother said airbags went off on there own but looking at the rim i think he hit the curb hard and airbags blow

anyhow car runs and drives good but i need a dash and airbags. also need the drivers side door panel

hopefully someone is near that has these or knows a wreckers with some cheap ones
thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
car is in good shape
already checked it all out
drives straight and no problems except for airbags

i have a spare steering wheel airbag but no pass side airbag(wouldnt help anyhow cause theres a big hole in the dash lol)

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
car is in good shape
already checked it all out
drives straight and no problems except for airbags

i have a spare steering wheel airbag but no pass side airbag(wouldnt help anyhow cause theres a big hole in the dash lol)
yea its gonna be a pain replacing the airbag, because you know you gotta pull the whole dash, or at least the bottom half,( im not sure if its a 2 piece dash like the first gens)
also, i don't think a damaged rim would deploy the airbags, im not 100% on that tho..

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i know..its odd but theres no damage anywhere except for the rim
but still possible... or could be some weird electrical issue

the dash is easy to come out
i already had my dash out of my 2000 300m and it took no time at all

im going to change the steering column/w air bad as well as i have a spare(just in case lol) and i have to take it out to get the dash out

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
yeah i know..its odd but theres no damage anywhere except for the rim
but still possible... or could be some weird electrical issue

the dash is easy to come out
i already had my dash out of my 2000 300m and it took no time at all

im going to change the steering column/w air bad as well as i have a spare(just in case lol) and i have to take it out to get the dash out
ohh ok, well good luck on gettin her fixed up :highfive:
and dont forget to post pics along the way !!

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
So you need to swap a whole dash then, unless you want to hack in and just do the airbag, I don't even think it'll pass safety if that's the case. Also, I think you need to get an airbag module from a car who's bags didn't go off or go buy a new one.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea need a dash with good passenger airbag. i could just change the airbag but the dash is ripped so would look ugly unless i put a sticker on it lol j/k

car doesnt have to pass safety or anything but still want to do it right

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
Actually, I have a bottom door piece for you, it's from a 2003. You would just have to separate the bottom piece of your door panel and attach the new one, unless the top vinyl piece is damaged to. Send me a PM

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
not really a fan of the intrepid dash
would rather put a 300m dash back in it lol

going to look at the wreckers in vancouver on thursday, maybe ill find one(probably wont find one as i havent had anyluck as of yet but found some on car-parts.com but far away)

ill have to check if the vinyl to see if its damaged and ill pm you tomorrow

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
going to look at a dash today
its an 2 hrs out of town but hopefully the right color

he wants 100 for the bare dash then i would still need pass airbag

i will let you know how it goes

taking the 300m i just bought for the drive. if it makes it ill buy the dash haha of course if its the right color he told me

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
update

so yesturday didnt turn out so well
car died about 20mins from where i needed to go so i tried everything to get it going then 40mins later it started up so i just headed home instead

almost made it back before it dies again but my brother was already towing a car out that way so he just put it on the wheel lift and brought it back home

so it needs a crank or/and camshaft sensor. but other then that it was a nice ride lol

today i went with the truck and got the dash and door panel for 200 with the airbag/wiring/clock/ABS module/auto light switch/glovy etc

so it was a good buy and now i dont need anything at the moment lol
thanks for everyones help

shipping would have been expensive for that dash lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.