DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
am in the process of building a budget machine and had a few questions on where to buy a case and what a good vid. card for around $50 would be.

Am running a 1.2Duron and ECS K7S5A MB Maxtor 80G 5400ROM HD. Also bought a Volcano 6CU+ fan. and 256MB PC133.
Total spent so far is about $270 incl. tax.

Like I said a budget PC, but a far cry over my Celeron 366, considering that replaced my Cyrix 166 just 3yrs ago I feel this is a monster step for me.

I am specifically lookin for a case with front USB ports, only case that fit that description at the local Fry's was $70. There must be something cheaper out there.

Also want to buy a cheap $50 Vid card, basically I found I can get any number of chipsets and 32MB Ram for $30-$60 off www.newegg.com.

My machine is basically used for burning a disc a week, downloading with my DSL line, and playing my collection of car racing games.

All opinions welcome

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK case is covered for under $50! Thanks fo the pricewatch link. never thought they had cases on there. I use them for Ram prices.

Video card ideas??????:confused:

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'd probably go with a GeForce 2 MX400 or 200. They have those on pricewatch also :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Agreed,

G2 MX card would be best bet. If you can wait till after first week in March for this vid card, the new G4 comes out and the G2 MX boards should be listed for under $50 to move them off the selves.

sURFN

1 - 6 of 6 Posts