DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Citrix here at the job. I figured out how to open the proper ports on my firewall so users from the outside can point right to the external citrix IP to get access to the network (using a WAN connection and using the alternate port/connection on the citrix box).

Well how do you get this going with a Mac. On the mac client for citrix there is no option for "Use Alternate Port/Address". Does anyone know how to get a Mac connected to a citrix server through a firewall that has the appropriate ports open?

Thx in advance

·
Registered
229 Posts
Originally posted by DjPiLL:
Well how do you get this going with a Mac. On the mac client for citrix there is no option for "Use Alternate Port/Address". Does anyone know how to get a Mac connected to a citrix server through a firewall that has the appropriate ports open?

Thx in advance
Have you tried simply appending the port number to the connection string? e.g. If you are connecting to 10.1.1.1, try connecting to 10.1.1.1:1494 (or whatever port you've assigned). This should work as it comes from a document in the Citrix KB.

Alternatively, you might try using nFuse or the web client. Those allow you to specify the port independantly from the client software.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont want to use Nfuse since I have to open up port 80 which I don't want to do...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts