DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something just doesn't seem to add up right here. When I got my 00 SE I received the dealers 5 year or 75,000 miles EXTENDED warranty. Since then I had brought the car in twice for work. First time was for the drivers side power window motor, and faulty headlight switch. The second time was for the transmission's input sensor crapping out (limp mode). The first time all I payed was the $100 deductible, and that was it. For the tranny sensor work I payed god knows how much money for the service. My question is this: What the hell does the Extend. Warr. cover? Do I have to pay each time I need work done? :mad: :mad: (Dumb question coming up) I won't ever take the car in, and the service will be free; right? :eek:
Do I get the powertrain covered also under an exten. warr?
please someone explain this mess to me. I have until 2005 OR another 14,000 miles to go until I'm screwed.
TIA,
Tony

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Get your warranty contract and start reading buddy. There are different plans you can get. Some plans have edductables and only cover the power train. Others have no deductable and cover the car bumper to bumper. It all depends what warranty contract you purchased.

Sounds to me like you have a deductable, which is why you have had to pay out of your pocket to fix certain things.

·
Registered
429 Posts
the contract will tell you exactly what is covered. The deductable is usually "per visit". If you have the engine and transmission rebuilt in one vist, you pay $100. If you have two power windows fixed in two visits, you pay $200

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Not for nothing... if they need TWO visits to fix a power window... they should NOT charge you $100 twice. I would fight that with DC customer service. Especially if these two visits were in a month time. Thats like saying they do not guarantee their work.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
DjPiLL said:
Not for nothing... if they need TWO visits to fix a power window... they should NOT charge you $100 twice. I would fight that with DC customer service. Especially if these two visits were in a month time. Thats like saying they do not guarantee their work.
I think he meant for different windows.

Although............ if they claimed the 2nd problem with the same window was a different cause, they probably could screw you into paying the deduct twice.

:baaa:

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll look for my warranty paperwork. If I can't find it, can my dealer assist me in letting me know what's covered and what's not??

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Be aware of ****ing technicalities! :mad:

When my seat broke it was before the recall was issued. At first I was going to have to pay the whole damn thing because the bolts weren't covered under warranty. What!? I raised a holy stink about that! The bolts are part of the seat assembly!!!!! :mad:

Anyways, I ended up paying for only my $50 deductable due to another technicality. Before my extended warranty kicked in (I was still on my 3yr/36k mile warranty) I brought the car in because the seat broke. Well, they never told me they had to order a part and never called me when that part came in either. Thinking back on it, I should never had to have paid that $50 either. But, due to the recall I should get my $50 back, if I ever remember to send that damn thing in.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Unplug the speedo? Maybe on 95's & earlier - ever since OBDII, I wouldn't do that.... too many things wont work correctly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts