DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I've post my problem a couple of month ago, but I still haven't got it resolved.

My car is a '95 3.5l vision, sometimes it stalls when driving. When it does that the all dashboard lights are flickering. Sometimes you just stay on the gas and the car starts by itself again and no problem. On some occasion the car doesn't want to start, when you put the ignition key on the dash board flickers and the car doesn't start.
I've change the battery and cleaned the connections. No change. the car seems to work fine in winter.....
yesterday it didn't want to start at all, so I was able to see what was making the cliking noise (besides the dash relays) in the engine compartiment (at the same rate as the dash flicking). I irst found that the EGR solenoid was receiving intermiting 12V (which cause that to clicker), and I also had the IAC clickering. If i disconnect both of those the engine compatement clikering is gone, but I still have the dash flickering.
I cleaned the IAC, but same problem. I checked the IAC to see if it moves when the engine is running, and it seems to work. The only thing suspicious is that on the Chilton manual they say that the IAC should retract when the ignition is on, which it doesn't in my case, you just can feel that it goes in tension (and maybe want to move ?).
Well if I understand correctly this IAC is just for idle control, I don't think it would stall the engine when driving... what do you think ??
it also seems (but I'm not sure of that yet) that the IAC gets correct 12v.
Still if I had a bad IAC, when disconnecting it , I shouldn't get my dash flickering... What do you think ??
There's lots of talk ago cam sensor or crank sensor, could that be it . but if for some reason they lose there positions, I don't think I would get my dash issues at the same time.
oh I don't have codes expect 12 33 55 .......

My other problem is that I live in France so that parts aren't easy to get (i buy them in the states) And nobody knows what kind of car it is.....

HHHHEEEELLLLPPPPP !!!!!

Thanks
Olivier

·
Registered
177 Posts
It sounds like a bad electrical connection. I would start at the battery, making sure all the connections are good. Could also be a bad ignition switch.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how can I check the ignition switch ?

·
Registered
177 Posts
With a test light or voltmeter check the black/orange wire at the switch with the switch on. If it flickers the problem is before the switch. If the light does not flicker, check the red/white wire (run). If it flickers the switch is bad.
P.S. The colors are for a 97 model but I think they are the same in yours.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would a bad ignition switch cause the engine to stall ? In one of the tred somebody said that it was impossible...
But then a cam or crank sensor would not cause the dash to blick, right ?
otherwise all these sensor and switch activates the shutdown relay, does this relay would causes the engine + dash to trip out ?
Is there a good adress to get all these parts : cam, crank sensors and ignition switch ?
Olivier

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
still have my problem

Hi,
So I changed the ignition switch, and I still have the problem...
HHHHEEEEEEELLLLLPPPPPP!!!!

Since I have a relay sound under my dash I checked what was under the driving light switches and I found that I had 2 boxes which apparently are alarm related. One fuse was blown, and when I replaced it the sirens keeps screaming...
Could the fact that sometimes the car stalls or doesn't want to start with all the dash lights flashing, be related to the alarm ?
When the dash is flashing the only thing electrical that seems to work is the radio.... any ideas ??
Also I checked the power distribution center, and still when the dash is flashing I don't have any power fluctuation on any of the connections.....
Please help !
I think I'm going to remove the alarm related stuff. Any ideas how to do that ?
THANKS
Olivier

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,
I would like to update on the problem I had been having so it can help other members.
After a long search, I suspected the alarm system...... Well I had it removed, and now everything seems to work normal ... I should of known before, the alarm is Italian. :biglaugh:

anyway I don't the central looking with the keys anymore. Does somebody knows how to put back that on ?
Olivier

1 - 7 of 7 Posts