DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need some help here. i can't make up my mind what i want. i'm torn between gettin a RF 12" power stage 1 sub for like $180 or so or gettin 2 12" alpine type-e's for like $60. i have a RF P8002 amp for the power. what would you guys choose? i am open to all suggestions/comments. thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
meben said:
i need some help here. i can't make up my mind what i want. i'm torn between gettin a RF 12" power stage 1 sub for like $180 or so or gettin 2 12" alpine type-e's for like $60. i have a RF P8002 amp for the power. what would you guys choose? i am open to all suggestions/comments. thanks

I wont be biased here and say which is better or worse.

But i will say this, look how much power your amp puts out, will both alpines combined handle it?

Also will the single RF sub handle it? If both will, then look to sensitivities of the subs. which ones are more efficent? The higher the rating, the more SPL you will have. (also factor in the fact that 2 subs acoustically coupled next to each other is a 3 dB increase in SPL! the same as doubling your amplifier power)

Also look at what kind of enclosure you want and what kind of sound you want......space requirements?

Then, what are the impedances? how much power will the amp put out at the given ohm load?

Its not a this one or that question really, iIts a question of which ones will meet your needs. Use those questions to ask yourself, and research the speakers and what will meet your needs.

Hope that was some help........

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so, that alpine type-r sub can handle 956 rms watts alone? if i did go with a type-r, it'd be 2 of them. and it seems like the 3" vc of the RF would help a lot as opposed to the 2" (i think) of the type r. and thanks for your input. And those seem like good questions to ask myself Viking, thanks.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
280 Posts
Ive always heard its not good (sound wise) to hook up different subs but Ive never tryed it so I dont know how it will sound, If your amp is 2 ohm stable then 2 dual 2ohm subs is what would probably be best to run with that amp. If I were you I would just run the 1 Type R with your amp @ 4ohms and sell the rest or if you wanted to do 2 subs with that amp then 2 of these would work good with that amp:
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-KICKER-CVR12-D2-12-SUBWOOFERS-CVR-12-SUBS-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ9727904557QQcategoryZ39777QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i HATE those kicker cvr's...i got one now that's a pos. one of the little wires between the terminal and the sub keeps breaking and the sub always tends to bottom out when i turn it up loud. i'm gonna sell it when i get my other stuff in. i got another bid in on a type-r, hope it comes through well. already bought one and it's being shipped ($92) and if i get this one it'll be right at $50. anywho, i think i'm just gonna go with the two type-r's for right now and see how they sound. prob end up selling the type-e's back on ebay or something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts