DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to see if my car has the complete police package or not. It was a detectives car. it's on 04 es with a 2.7, has the right rims and tires but is there anything i should look for, sway bars, different shocks or stuts. not sure what these cars came with and what they may have upgraded?
Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I'm trying to see if my car has the complete police package or not. It was a detectives car. it's on 04 es with a 2.7, has the right rims and tires but is there anything i should look for, sway bars, different shocks or stuts. not sure what these cars came with and what they may have upgraded?
Thanks guys
The beastly engine would tell me its probably not a police package

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
Sit in the car and start it. Turn the headlight switch all the way to the left to "A" and then pull out like you want to turn on the fogs. The dash should go black - if it does, I'd say it is a PO package electronically - but obviously not from the 2.7 is it a PO package mechanically. Also, pop the trunk, and look on the passenger side for a rear mounted jump terminal or remote mount positive terminal.

There are a few police package detective cars out there, and they are a great find when you can find them.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
It may have been a detectives car. A department may have ordered it that way. But a car with the police package will have certain things:
150mph speedometer
column shifter
center console delete
ABS
3.5L engine
Oil cooler circuit

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Yours is definitely not the "pursuit certified" police package. Another key feature is the front brake cooling ducts underneath the front bumper, as well as a 100 amp power feed to the trunk.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
came from our local county sheriff's dept. when we got tit they had to take some stuff off, lights and a siren i believe, I know it was a detectives car but wasnt sure if the car had the complete pack, or just some of it. This cleared it up. still learning about the car. thanks guys

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
Ya more then likly they bought the car for non pursit and was used by jailers or other staff for training or driving to training areas.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks guys
I have a 2002 Intrepid and it was a detective car it has the 3.5 but one way to tell for sure is it would say police package or something along the lines of that on the front of the metal part where your battery sits in

1 - 11 of 11 Posts